“Worst hotel and customer service EVER!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Oakes Motel

Save Saved
You added Seven Oakes Motel to your Saves list
Seven Oakes Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2331 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario K7M 3G1, Canada (Waterloo Village)   |
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Kingston
“Worst hotel and customer service EVER!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Our soccer team (recreational women's) plays in a tournament every year in Kingston, last year the hotel we stay at burnt down so this was our next choice. From the moment we arrived at hotel we felt like we were being stalked by the owner and her husband. She was constantly calling our room, she had her husband following us around, telling us "to keep quiet, hotel for sleeping not talking". She wanted full money upfront for
stay and wanted us to pay additional fee on top of damage fee because she said we will break things and not pay for them. Their English is extremely poor making it hard for customers to understand them, the reception always stinks of full fledge fish you can't even breathe, the rooms stink of rot, everything is outdated to 1960, a/c did not work or fridge, bathroom door would not close, mattress was broken on bed wih springs digging in your back. One things good about hotel was parking and that's it. Horrible place, we will never stay here again and will encourage others to save there money and sanity by going somewhere else this place is a dump. Ps she have us used toilet paper rolls instead of new ones and dirty towels were in our room upon arrival.
Disgusting place.

• Stayed July 2014
7OakesMotel, Manager at Seven Oakes Motel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We are sorry about your unpleasant stay. Please understand that your group caused a lot of trouble for other guests. Every time the manager called or visited your room, there was a guest complaint about the noise. We were not stalking your room. There was an overwhelming number of complaints. Your team played music non-stop well past 3am, disturbing many other guests. After checking out, your team left bags of garbage and litter which we had to clean. We were considering calling the police to have you leave ... however because Kingston was so busy you would have no place to stay. We treat every guest with respect, but we expect the guest to treat us the same.

Sorry again for your unpleasant stay, but our actions were unavoidable. I personally had to clean the mess left by your group, which took an extra 2 hours.

Lloyd

Seven Oakes Motel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sarnia, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Booked it online based on reviews but a lot must have changed lately. Reception does not understand English very well. Wife wanted to use the pool but it had bugs floating on the water and more bugs on the bottom while 3 sea gulls were swimming in the pool enjoying snacks of dead bugs. See quickly changed her mind. We stayed in room # 53, which is not part of the actual motel but seems to be part of the original house, facing a very busy street next to a shopping plaza. When I asked the next moring while checking out as to why we did not get a 'regular' motel room, their answer was: motel fully booked for hockey tournament, many children, too noisy for you. Okay, now we get it and Thank You for that ! However, Seven Oaks Motel has seen better days

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

While the owners did go out of their way to find me an ice bucket (No ice buckets? Really?!), the room itself was disgustingly unclean. We were afraid to walk on the carpet barefoot! We also had some creepy crawlies at one point so we made sure there was nothing on the floor.

Not worth the price and I certainly won't be back.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Ick!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
7OakesMotel, Manager at Seven Oakes Motel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hi,

Thank you very much with your stay at Seven Oakes. You stayed on a Saturday in July, which are very busy days. The price was little higher than regular day. We are sorry about that.

On Saturday afternoon, after you check in 5 minutes, you came down to our front desk and asked about a bucket to keep your ice, which we were very happy to find. We have fridge in every room. Bucket for keep the ice , if you need just ask. Not all the time have bucket in the room. Your room drinking to much and spill beer in the carpet, our carpet is new one, we don't have anything in carpet. we hope you understand. A motel is just for sleep, not drinking to much in the room. A few drinks is fine, but to much drinking is a trouble for other guests.

Sorry about your experience

We hope you understand.
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Terrible odour in the rooms...made us sick to our stomach. We only stayed in room 2 mins. We went back to front desk to cancel room and could only get 50% back . Most other hotel/motel, you have till 6pm to cancel but there you need 24 h notice? We were there at approx. 3pm. While we still question this, we took our losses ...20 mins. after we still felt that terrible stench.
Worst place we ever booked in!

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by pictures on the internet.
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

There's nothing else to offer, but a bed. Clean & air-conditioned. This is on the main strip, not far from highway and close to Timmie, grocery store, beer store, etc... I would suggest this for a adult tournament team, big parking lot for tailgating and BBQ. Cheap rates, makes it affrodable and you can just BBQ your steak,burgers/hot dogs and drink your beer.

Room Tip: This is a good adult tournament hotel, you have a big parking lot for tailgating and BBQ's. Che...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kanata, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had called to reserve a room I was told ok and I gave them the dates of going and checking out. I was asked for my master card and I told them that I was paying cash but they need it to hold the room. I told them not to put it threw because I had not got a chance to pay it off and I was going to pay with cash. I gave them my card info. On Friday they called to see why I was not in and told them that I was coming in Saturday and leaving on Monday and I was told that is ok and when my wife and I gone in just to find out they gave my room away and called my wife and I liers because I gave them a false number for my home and master card. They tried to put the charge through on the room before we even got there, which I believe is not legal! They gave my room to some person that went on line looking for a room. If there was a way we would not even give this place one star!! The Lady working the front desk was rude and decided it was ok to yell at me! We took our business elsewhere and would suggest anyone else do the same! Tempted to call better business Bureau!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
7OakesMotel, Manager at Seven Oakes Motel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello,

You had given us a invalid credit card number to book the room. Every motel requires a valid credit card to hold the room. We did not charge this card. Any business can pre-authorize or check a credit card number. It is common sense and general business practice to do so.

You booked a room on June 28 & 29 2014. On June 27, we pre-authorized and checked the credit card which was shown to be invalid. Once again, every motel will check credit cards and it is general business practice to do so. We require a valid credit card to book the room. If you did not supply a valid credit card, your reservation is voided. We called you one day ahead and asked you to provide a valid card. You refused to do so, so we were obviously unable to reserve your room and unable to give you a confirmation number. You were told all of this on the phone.

On the 28th, you showed up anyways asking for your room. We told you again that we were unable to reserve the room because of your card.

We are sorry that you had a bad experience, but you refused to comply with our rules ... rules that are the same in every other motel and even every other reservation or booking. We were unable to hold your room, but we did not yell at you nor were we rude. You simply did not like the answer you were given.

Lloyd

Seven Oakes Motel
Manager
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Clean, inexpensive. Smallest bar of soap I have ever seen. Fridge. Coffee/tea making facility would have been good. Bring a kettle/mugs/coffee/tea. There is a Tim Horton's a 100 m away. Near to the 401 and 5 minutes into Kingston downtown.

Room Tip: The motel rooms are all off the road and so quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Seven Oakes Motel? Share your experiences!