“Not a great experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Oakes Motel

You added Seven Oakes Motel to your Saves list
Seven Oakes Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2331 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario K7M 3G1, Canada (Waterloo Village)   |
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Not a great experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

While the owners did go out of their way to find me an ice bucket (No ice buckets? Really?!), the room itself was disgustingly unclean. We were afraid to walk on the carpet barefoot! We also had some creepy crawlies at one point so we made sure there was nothing on the floor.

Not worth the price and I certainly won't be back.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Ick!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
7OakesMotel, Manager at Seven Oakes Motel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hi,

Thank you very much with your stay at Seven Oakes. You stayed on a Saturday in July, which are very busy days. The price was little higher than regular day. We are sorry about that.

On Saturday afternoon, after you check in 5 minutes, you came down to our front desk and asked about a bucket to keep your ice, which we were very happy to find. We have fridge in every room. Bucket for keep the ice , if you need just ask. Not all the time have bucket in the room. Your room drinking to much and spill beer in the carpet, our carpet is new one, we don't have anything in carpet. we hope you understand. A motel is just for sleep, not drinking to much in the room. A few drinks is fine, but to much drinking is a trouble for other guests.

Sorry about your experience

We hope you understand.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Terrible odour in the rooms...made us sick to our stomach. We only stayed in room 2 mins. We went back to front desk to cancel room and could only get 50% back . Most other hotel/motel, you have till 6pm to cancel but there you need 24 h notice? We were there at approx. 3pm. While we still question this, we took our losses ...20 mins. after we still felt that terrible stench.
Worst place we ever booked in!

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by pictures on the internet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

There's nothing else to offer, but a bed. Clean & air-conditioned. This is on the main strip, not far from highway and close to Timmie, grocery store, beer store, etc... I would suggest this for a adult tournament team, big parking lot for tailgating and BBQ. Cheap rates, makes it affrodable and you can just BBQ your steak,burgers/hot dogs and drink your beer.

Room Tip: This is a good adult tournament hotel, you have a big parking lot for tailgating and BBQ's. Che...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kanata, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had called to reserve a room I was told ok and I gave them the dates of going and checking out. I was asked for my master card and I told them that I was paying cash but they need it to hold the room. I told them not to put it threw because I had not got a chance to pay it off and I was going to pay with cash. I gave them my card info. On Friday they called to see why I was not in and told them that I was coming in Saturday and leaving on Monday and I was told that is ok and when my wife and I gone in just to find out they gave my room away and called my wife and I liers because I gave them a false number for my home and master card. They tried to put the charge through on the room before we even got there, which I believe is not legal! They gave my room to some person that went on line looking for a room. If there was a way we would not even give this place one star!! The Lady working the front desk was rude and decided it was ok to yell at me! We took our business elsewhere and would suggest anyone else do the same! Tempted to call better business Bureau!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
7OakesMotel, Manager at Seven Oakes Motel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello,

You had given us a invalid credit card number to book the room. Every motel requires a valid credit card to hold the room. We did not charge this card. Any business can pre-authorize or check a credit card number. It is common sense and general business practice to do so.

You booked a room on June 28 & 29 2014. On June 27, we pre-authorized and checked the credit card which was shown to be invalid. Once again, every motel will check credit cards and it is general business practice to do so. We require a valid credit card to book the room. If you did not supply a valid credit card, your reservation is voided. We called you one day ahead and asked you to provide a valid card. You refused to do so, so we were obviously unable to reserve your room and unable to give you a confirmation number. You were told all of this on the phone.

On the 28th, you showed up anyways asking for your room. We told you again that we were unable to reserve the room because of your card.

We are sorry that you had a bad experience, but you refused to comply with our rules ... rules that are the same in every other motel and even every other reservation or booking. We were unable to hold your room, but we did not yell at you nor were we rude. You simply did not like the answer you were given.

Lloyd

Seven Oakes Motel
Manager
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Clean, inexpensive. Smallest bar of soap I have ever seen. Fridge. Coffee/tea making facility would have been good. Bring a kettle/mugs/coffee/tea. There is a Tim Horton's a 100 m away. Near to the 401 and 5 minutes into Kingston downtown.

Room Tip: The motel rooms are all off the road and so quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I chance upon this motel in Kingston. We stayed there for one night and must say that we had a very good night sleep. The room was very clean and comfortable. Thank you very much Susie and Loy for your very good service! We will definitely stay in your place again and also recommend our friends too! Lee Philip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Well i would NOT recommend this place again I have posted pictures of the condtion we found in our room.We checked into room when there we turned air conditioner on n left for 8.5 hours,when we came back we couldnt get over the MUSTY smell in room.Then I went to crawl into bed at 2 am n found a bunch of black hair all over pillow thats a big turn off there so i went back outside till almost 4am then went into room switched pillows n crashed till 6:30 am i had to get some sleep had to drive an hour away.My sister was in other room n she couldnt sleep cause of musty smell she has allergies n her eyes were swelled rite up.So i spoke with Susie n told her i was not impressed with room told her what was goin on n i wanted half my money returned n she said no money returned caused we stayed in room like really 2 hours sleep. I would not RECOMMEND THIS PLACE OR STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Seven Oakes Motel? Share your experiences!