“Royal Angkor , great food from a wonderful family ! Two thumbs way up !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Angkor

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 369 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Thai, Cambodian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Royal Angkor! A hidden gem located in beautiful downtown Kingston. Family owned and operated for over 11 years, we proudly offer delicious and affordable Cambodian & Thai cuisine. We have been voted in the Top 500 BEST restaurants in the country by "Where to eat in Canada". So come on in and see what the whole country is raving about!
Kingston, Canada
“Royal Angkor , great food from a wonderful family ! Two thumbs way up !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I have always enjoyed the food , service and atmosphere provided by the good folks at the Royal Angkor . From take out to dine in , the attention to detail , customer service and food quality is always exceptional . My wife enjoys a huge mix of menu items and i have my old standbys and favourites - Number 6 - golden chicken - is unmatched anywhere in the city or province ! The flavours and colours on the plate are a delight on the tastebuds and in the belly lol ! A busy spot in the core of the city , always a mix of students , office lunches , and family meals - a great amount of take out dinners , the food is never long in reaching the table - the apps and soups are fantastic and dinner portions worth the price of admission ! We will be back again and again , the family are hard workers and very kind to their clients and regulars . And the food , out of this world fantastic !

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kingston, Canada
“The best Thai food in Kingston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

There food is so good that we get cravings for their food and have to return to satisfy the cravings. Very good Thai food!

Visited April 2013
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Some would argue best Thai in Kingston, I'd argue otherwise...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been to Royal Angkor several times, my partner argues that it is the best Thai food in Kingston. I however, share a different opinion. I haven't enjoyed anything I have ordered there, except spring rolls. I have tried upwards of 3 dishes and each I have found to be too sweet, and the rice isn't sticky. Service is nice, owners seem great, but for me, flavor was lacking.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Waterloo, ON
“Our number 1 go to place..love love love!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Can't tell you how much we love this place...we've even been there twice in the same day...and loved every second of it...really it is SUCH good food and I do like it better than Pat's...i know some may say that is blasphemous but it's really just that good!!! I love the number 1/19 (same but 19 has tofu) and 14!!!! Also the spring rolls are awesome!!!! the Tom Yum is also FANTASTIC! I am, however, NOT a fan of their pad thai...it's not bad but not the greatest either...if you go for the curry you won't be disappointed! Staff is always super friendly! AND they will accommodate gluten free and no MSG requests...highly recommend getting it without MSG ...makes all the difference! We tried ordering take out once and they definitely forgot it lol! we called back and they brought it right over but this is definitely a place for take out (pick up) or eat in!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston, Canada
“Delicious food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Recently the Royal Angkor restaurant has undergone some major cosmetic changes, where once it was merely a great place for takeout, with a hole-in-the-wall seating arrangement, now it seems more frequently occupied with diners. This has come at the cost of slightly raised food prices (~1-2 dollars on most menu items) however, it's still a steal for some of the best curried dishes I've had for around $10. The portion sizes are fair and sure to fill you up.

Try this place at least once, you won't regret it, and you'll probably be coming back for more.

• Visited December 2012