“Check That Your Door Locks” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Kingston LaSalle Hotel

You added Travelodge Kingston LaSalle Hotel to your Saves list
Travelodge Kingston LaSalle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2360 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario K7M 3G4, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“Check That Your Door Locks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The rooms in the motel portion of this hotel are not pleasant. They reek of smoke and are not that clean. However, we knew that would not be amazing, at a Travelodge. What we did not expect was that the door we were assigned (514) did not actually lock. We only realized this after leaving our belongings for the entire day. Check your door by pushing it hard after 'locking' it. Other rooms' doors were okay.

Room Tip: Hotel not motel portion
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Clean comfortable rooms. Loved that they had balconies. The pool was fantastic and clean, and food hours. Super friendly desk staff. My only complaint is no free breakfast. Would defiantly stay again if I were in the area. Didn't get to try the restaurants.

Stayed May 2014
Peter K, Manager at Travelodge Kingston LaSalle Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Dupester77,

Thank you for choosing the Travelodge Hotel Kingston for your recent stay.
We are pleased your enjoyed your stay with us, and that the front desk staff were "super friendly".
We hope that we will have the pleasure to have you as our guest on your next visit to the Kingston area.

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife booked this as a surprise last-minute getaway. We stayed in the back section which could use some updating but as smokers, that's the type of room we often get. Most hotels are 100 non-smoking so we looked at the smoking rooms as a bonus.

The really big bonus was the pool area. Though it isn't large, the pool and whirlpool are great though the sauna could have been hotter. There were a number of chairs around the pool deck and everything was clean. I would say they could use pay lockers in the change rooms. People staying over in the motel area will not walk to the pool in their bathing suits in the colder months so having somewhere to put your clothes would be a great idea.

We also dined in the pub which has the same menu as the restaurant. Thankfully my wife made a reservation as the restaurant is packed - with good reason. The food is excellent and the bar staff, specifically Emily, are very friendly. It would be nice if at least the bar was open past 10 pm on the weekends as there isn't really anything else around in this part of Kingston.

So, all in all, a solid hotel but non-smokers might want to stay in the main hotel as I've read the rooms are newer and more updated. I would definitely return for a one-night mini holiday.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wikwemikong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights, business trip. The hotel is very clean and modern. Staff is welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The pool and hot tub are to die for (I didn't try out the sauna). My room was very clean, and tempertaure control made it comfortable. My only complaints: the flat screen TV had no HDMI input for my Xbox 360; no microwave in the room to reheat leftover pizza; and the bed was very squeaky. I literally woke myself up in the middle of the night when rolling over. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: If you need a lot of space when entering and leaving your room (such as with shopping bags, hockey e...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Grand Cayman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We were very disappointed. First impression of the room was brown carpet all stretched out and wavey and the room smelt musty.   My guess is the main hotel section is fine and the motel out back is for the desperate. We should not have accepted it as we paid big bucks reserving on line. The bathroom was recently renovated. I just cannot imagine why they left that carpet.

• Stayed August 2013
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for a sporting event. The desk staff was extremely nice and welcoming. The rooms were clean, and a good size. The only drawback is some noise from the bar on lower floors, near the elevator and stairwell.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Peter K, General Manager at Travelodge Kingston LaSalle Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear ShelleyF,

Thank you for choosing the Travelodge Hotel Kingston, while in town for your sporting event.
We are pleased that our staff made you feel welcomed, and that your rooms were comfortable for your stay with us.
We appreciate your comments and feedback, as this helps us to continue to strive for our customers satisfaction when staying here at our property.

We hope when you are travelling to the Kingston area in the future, that we may have the pleasure to have you as our guest again.

613-546-4233
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I booked direct at the hotel (had better rate to all other websites. I stayed at the hotel no motel (bcs they have hotel and motel on site) one evening with my wife to take a break of the kids.
They have a saying on the business cards "Nice Rooms and Great People"
this is sooo very true.
The rooms are modern and clean with very comfortable mattresses.
The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed my meal in
the restaurant on site Cavalier Room.I live in Kingston for over 10 years and I didn't know this hotel what they can offered. This is a well keep secret.
This hotel is must if your are travelling through Kingston or just a night away from home looking for a great value with all if the amenities in site. Free parking, free wireless was good, indoor pool,hot tub, sauna... Good place to recharge

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggages. Ask for the first floor. They have patio doors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter K, General Manager at Travelodge Kingston LaSalle Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Frenchy692013,

Thank you for choosing to stay with our property for your evening getaway with your wife.
I am very pleased that your stay was comfortable and we thank you for all of your positive comments abour our "well kept secret" here Kingston.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next "getaway" in the future.

613-546-4233

Been to Travelodge Kingston LaSalle Hotel? Share your experiences!