“Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel Review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel

You added Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Johnson Street, Kingston, Ontario K7L 5H7, Canada (Formerly Kingston Waterfront Hotel) (Downtown Kingston)   |
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Arnprior, Canada
“Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Our recent visit to the Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel was the first for us since it became a Delta.
While the location of this hotel is near as perfect as you can get, since becoming a Delta, the experience was raised to a whole new level.
Beginning with the new and much improved underground parking and main entrance into the hotel. A wonderful contemporary yet warm vibe is felt immediately. The front desk staff are efficient and extremely helpful.
Our harbour front king bed room was tastefully decorated with every amenity afforded and available. Even the housekeeping staff were quick to greet you and wish you a pleasant stay!
Aqua Terra Restaurant is extremely good. The food is as local and seasonal as possible and prepared perfectly. I would highly recommend eating here!
Last but not least..... The lobby bar.
Both my husband and I have a huge affinity for great Lobby Bars! They can make or break a hotel experience in our opinion. This one hits all the marks! Tastefully situated in the main lobby, it is open, airy and contemporary. The bar staff, exceptional!
You can tell they love what they do, are proud to be working there and most importantly, they make off the chart drinks! They are pleasant and make easy conversation with patrons.
This is definitely the best hotel in Kingston in my opinion and will be our new go to spot when in town!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in a junior executive suite with a great corner view which would have been even nicer had the windows been cleaned, but the room was clean with a comfortable bed. As others have mentioned, there were lots of electronic connectors. BTW, the outlets were 110 volt. There was a microwave, small fridge, and coffee maker. The room had a TV that lifts up out of the "fireplace" - hard to describe you just have to see it. Parking was $18/night and though spaces were tight, we had no problems because the hotel didn't appear to be full. Very close to many restaurants on Ontario Street; we ate at Wooden Heads which was very good.

Casselman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wow. What can I say about a perfect experience at a hotel on business? If you are looking for a downtown, waterfront hotel that overlooks the lake and has probably the best inhouse restaurant - Aquaterra - DO NOT miss this place.

Perfect score on all fronts - Value, sleep, food, services et al.

Say Hi to Steph when you check in, tell her I said hello!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of the hotel is PERFECT. Close to anything and everything you could possibly want to do in Kingston. The foyer is upgraded and the lobby floor restaurant is quite modern and attractive. The elevators are old and considerably weathered, but in good working order. The rooms are nice and the views are great, but they are on the small side. The restaurant has a great view and very good food but the service certainly left something to be desired. we were only one of 4 tables occupied for brunch (plus a large gathering in a separate "party room" which saw 2 servers regularly going in and out of - walking right past us, never giving us so much as a look). Anyways. A nice place to stay, but next time we go to Kingston, maybe we will try the Holiday inn across the road which would have the same view.

Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in Kingston for a Queen's-related workshop which was being hosted at this hotel, so it made sense to stay there too. I have always enjoyed business travel at Delta hotels, but it had been a while since I'd stayed at one.

This hotel is like a pier that sticks out into the lake, so evidently every room has a potentially great waterfront view. (I had arrived in the middle of the night in the middle of a thunderstorm, so was delighted to throw open my curtains in the morning in Room 214 and discover a lovely marina view!)

It has a terrific and eminently walkable downtown location--15 minutes by foot to campus or the free Wolfe Island Ferry, and mere footsteps to great eateries such as the Kingston Brewery, Chez Piggy or Pan Chancho.

The rooms are nothing amazing in terms of decor (although very clean and not unattractive) but they are well set up for business travellers with a huge desk and all the right plug-ins. The bed was super comfy. I would have appreciated a magnifying mirror in the bathroom, but that was my only whine.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming right from the moment I walked in (and I can't stress enough how much a big smile and a warm welcome means to me after hours of planes, trains and automobiles) and the buffet lunches that were served during the two-day workshop surprised me with their quality and tastiness. Compliments to the chefs who can make industrial-sized portions delicious!

The pool was a bit disappointing--small and awkwardly shaped and definitely not for lap swimming (which I had been looking forward to), but kids and families might enjoy it.

One of the things I really liked was the option, at check-in, to forgo daily room cleaning in return for various "rewards" (I chose extra Aeroplan points). I don't need my sheets and towels changed daily when I'm travelling on business as I'm hardly in my room, and I like not having to coordinate my schedule with the cleaning team's. So that was good for the environment and good for me too.

I liked the size of this hotel; the scale felt just right. I got a good corporate rate and would absolutely stay here again if I had to come back to Kingston.

Room Tip: Seems to me that with its unique pier design, all the rooms would offer some degree of water view. I...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyed stay in Kingston Delta hotel - excellent location and hotel has all comforts and amenities you need. The rooms are comfortable and some afford lovely views of the waterfront. Staff friendly and helpful. Did not use the pool but it looked inviting as well as the gym. Would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Choice between two queens or one king. Waterfront views lovely
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Delta for our last stay in May 2015. Our first time there, I found the ratings promising. The reception area and bar area are nice and the restaurant served pretty good food. I found the hallways tired and a little gloomy and not quite as clean as I would have expected. Room was very clean. I appreciated the towels and bathrobe. Bathroom was very tiny. It would go a long way to have the windows cleaned regularly as flies and webs were all over the outside of the window...spoiling a rather lovely view. Walls are quite thin as we could hear neighbours.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!