“Nice views, downtown location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel

You added Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Johnson Street, Kingston, Ontario K7L 5H7, Canada (Formerly Kingston Waterfront Hotel) (Downtown Kingston)   |
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Nice views, downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is built on a pier jutting into Lake Ontario. My room had a great view and I suspect this applies to nearly all rooms. Modern decor with some minor wear and tear (small nicks in furniture and paint). A more cheerful color palette might have improved the room's feel a bit. My room had an unusually large number of different data and video ports. Beds were very comfortable.

The only real drawbacks: (1) sound transmission from the hallway and adjoining rooms was higher than average. (2) The free internet was generally good, but cut out momentarily from time to time.

The only outside entrance to the lobby is through a covered and gated car park. I found that a bit odd, but it didn't affect my stay.

The restaurant is quite good.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Poland , NY USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel has been one of our long-time favorites when we visit Kingston. Since our last visit here, the hotel has been bought by Delta, and apparently remodeled from top to bottom. Our room was great, and the overall impression of the place is first class. Parking is always a bit of a problem here, especially if you have a large vehicle, like a full-size pickup or van. They have some handy indoor parking spaces, but not enough. Nice to see they now have an actual bar, rather than a tiny "martini corner" or whatever it was they used to have. The only microscopic complaint we had, was that there was only one terrycloth robe in our room , rather than two. Great place to stay, in the most scenic part of a great town. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time in this hotel in Kingston. Easy to find on the waterfront. Had great view of Wolfe Island and the Lake. Parking was easy and under hotel. Short walk to attractions in downtown Kingston. Very good value for money. Room was very clean with comfortable beds and lots of options for TV, charging electronics, internet connections etc. The pool was small but clean and refreshing. Very kid friendly. Quiet.

Room Tip: All rooms have a lake view.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A perfect hotel for a weekend in Kingston. The service was so good especially Lauren at the front desk. Lovely decor in lobby and rooms. Spacious room, lovely shower in bathroom, beautiful view. Great location! Close to Queens and to the downtown restaurants. Quiet and spacious. Lovely gym. People have commented on the parking - I did not find it to be a problem at all. I quite liked the setup. I do think it should be included in the price since it is not like there is much choice of anywhere else to park. Also, would have liked to be able to open a window. But overall a truly lovely experience and I will definitely stay there when I go back to Kingston.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect - King bed and great view overlooking water. Ask for room 130.
Port Hope, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location on the waterfront and right downtown. There are numerous restaurants and pubs very close to the hotel. The parking is located beneath the hotel, but not really underground. You need to get a ticket from a machine on the way in. The spaces are very tight and clearance is low. You do have to go into the lot to check in. Parking is $18.00 per night and your room keycard gets you access in and out of the lot. The hotel gives you a keycard when you check out to let you out of the parking lot. There is a drop box to put the card in at the gate.

The lobby was large and really nice. The bar and restaurant were located nearby and looked good, but I didn't have a chance to try them. Staff at the front desk were friendly and very helpful.

My room was nice and well decorated. It felt very comfortable. The bathroom was typical in size and layout, but the shelves were the toiletries/facecloths were added a classy feel. The view of the waterfront was great and I was able to watch the sunrise right from my window. There was a large flat screen tv on the wall with a decent number of channels. The desk was wide and offered plenty of space to work. From the desk were multiple connections that allowed a computer or other devices to connect to the tv. The signal for the free wifi was strong and worked well.

The king size bed was comfortable, with a large duvet and long pillows. There were reading lights on either side of the bed.

The room was very clean and had an iron, robe, fridge and coffee maker. I would stay at this hotel again for work or family travel. Every employee I encountered was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My fiancé and I stayed at the Delta Waterfront in Kingston this past weekend (the final weekend of March Break) we had a room on the 2nd floor with a beautiful view of the Marina and St. Lawrence. Our room adjoined to a corner suite where my future in-laws were staying, which was a beautiful room with expansive views. We were in town for a relative's birthday. Our room was amazing, we had a huge king size bed, a couch, a long desk, a low counter space for our suitcase and a huge TV. The bathroom was amazing, it had a beautifully tiled, glass enclosed shower (no shower-tub combo here, thank goodness!), granite counter-top and Kohler sink. The entire suite was perfectly clean, airy and fresh. We absolutely loved the bed-it was incredibly comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud. The pillows were huge and soft, and plentiful.

Our party had dinner in the AquaTerra Restaurant, and it was incredible. The food was delicious and the Chef himself came out to our table and served the birthday girl her entree, which was a really nice touch. It's a pricier, fancier restaurant but you really get a great amount of food and service for what you are paying. We also ordered room service for breakfast. The food was delicious, hot and presented well.

We did notice that you could hear a lot of noise from the other rooms. It really didn't bother us during the day and at night, I use earplugs and my fiancé sleeps like the dead, but you might want to keep this in mind if you're a light sleeper.

This hotel is pet friendly, we saw a few medium to small dogs when we were out and about. You really couldn't tell though, everywhere and everything was spotless. We also took advantage of their indoor rooftop pool and hot tub. It was a very clean facility. We went a couple of times just to enjoy the hot tub!

Our only issue was the parking. First of all, the parking for this building really seemed to be an afterthought in the original design. It was pretty bad, and it cost about $18 a night! When we arrived, late Friday night, there were no spots/room for us (a lot of the nicer cars were taking up two spaces, we were kind of surprised the staff didn't make the guests adjust their cars). When the staff double checked for spots and determined that there weren't any, they told us we could park just across the street, for free, for the weekend. But they still wanted us to use their parking and pay $18 a day?! No thanks, we can walk two minutes across the road! The staff was great but it just seemed ridiculous.

Ultimately we had a wonderfully relaxing weekend, enjoying awesome sleeps, and great food! Next time we are in Kingston we will definitely be staying here!

Room Tip: Corner suites are AMAZING!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Delta for one night whilst my daughter and friend visited Queen's University. It has a wonderful waterfront location and I imagine would be beautiful in the summer. Parking was a challenge and and extra charge.
The rooms were large but we did not find the beds particularly comfortable and the walls were paper thin. We could hear everyone in the corridor, which didn't lend for a particularly good nights sleep. The service was great in the hotel, I had forgotten to pack toothpaste and house keeping were kind enough to give me some.
The service in the restaurant however was awful, we sat down for breakfast at 8.15 and it was 9 before our order was taken. The place was not full, but the service was very slow. When the food eventually came it was good. I would not recommend this restaurant if you are in a hurry!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
DeltaKingston, General Manager at Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Moose97,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and I have shared it with the Management team here at the hotel.

I am sorry that you encountered some service issues in the restaurant, but heartened to read that you enjoyed your meal. Aqua Terra is an award winning restaurant that we are extremely proud of.

Also, with regards to the noise that you encountered, I would suggest that you you were, unfortunately, here during a particularly boisterous night at the hotel. The rooms, in fact, have undergone extensive renovation and between room and corridor noise complaints have been virtually eliminated as a result. I am sorry to hear that during your stay a problem was encountered.

Once again, thank you very much for the review.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Greg Bell

Been to Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!