“Not quite what I was hoping for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Confederation Place Hotel

You added Confederation Place Hotel to your Saves list
Confederation Place Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   237 Ontario Street, Kingston, Ontario K7L 2Z4, Canada (Downtown Kingston)   |
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Kingston
Pembroke, Canada
“Not quite what I was hoping for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed here for a business trip recently, and liked the idea of being downtown which is convenient for walking to restaurants etc. However, I picked this hotel as it is one of the very few that has smoking rooms and I won't make that mistake again! Better to go outside than deal with the calibre of this room.

The smoking rooms are on the parking level of the hotel (read, basement). While it has wifi, I had to use the jack and cable to get access. The room was in rough shape, particularly the bathroom. Seriously, I know smokers are the scum of the earth, but that bathroom was really bad - the tub is so old that the rust is showing through.

I have to say that the staff here were extremely friendly and helpful. And, I believe that the non smoking rooms upstairs are undoubtedly much much nicer.

Note that the parking garage for some reason is out of bounds - empty. Had to park across the street in the paid parking which cost me about $10. Not a big deal, have to pay for parking in downtown hotels in a lot of cities, but why is the parking garage in the hotel empty and unavailable?

Serve a continental breakfast included in the room price which is ok, not great just ok.

Room Tip: Try the non smoking rooms on the upper floors, maybe they are better, or at least that's what I...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fort Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed for one night and upgraded to a waterview room for $10 extra. We had a 5th floor room with a fabulous view. The room was clean and looked up to date. Bathroom looked half redone. Tub and ceiling need some work but all was clean. Staff was friendly and since we were moving my daughter from Kingston to London, ON we were towing a trailer. There was no onsite parking but a block away we had free overnight parking on a city lot. It's free from 5:30PM-9:30AM and then $5 for the day. A bit pricier for parking across the street but no trailers allowed. The breakfast was good. Not over the top but for the price we got the room for it was a great deal. I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay there again. We found a great price on bookings.com

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Hotel was a very pleasant surprise. We had stayed at the Radisson and also looked at other more expensive chain hotels. This hotel had excellent location, room was good size and clean, view of lake was very nice. All in all a good hotel for a very good price

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We have stayed at The Confederation Hotel before and we love the location. It is right in the heart of Kingston and right on the Confluence of waterways. For a few more dollars we opted for the water view and it was amazing. The rooms seem to have been updated since our last stay. Great restaurants and pubs are but a walk away from the hotel.
The down side of our stay was that the large underground parking lot was closed and one now has to park in a public lot. The lots are full during the day and we had to drive around for awhile to get a spot.
The breakfast was mediocre - as are all current hotel included breakfasts.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

for the $$, this is a great value. we were able to get a room with three double beds for our family of five. staff was very friendly and helpful. breakfast was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed 4 nights on a motorcycle trip. Lovely room overlooking the water, very clean. All the staff at this hotel were the most courteous, friendliest people I have ever encountered in a hotel. I highly recommend this hotel in Kingston. It is right downtown close to great restaurants and attractions. It is also close to Taste Trail and Arts Trail if you are so inclined. I WILL be staying again on my next trip that way.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Clean Hotel but the front desk employees are not helpful , augmentative and unprofessional .I called today August 1, 2011 to inquire about my deposit $50 because they told within two days it will be paid back.The front desk femael morning shift was extremely rude with me .
she stated bluntly just out of the blue that she is not talking to me nicely because the way I am talking to her .When I asked her to confirm this statement she said that if you want to complain you can talk to my supervisor and she transferred me to him and the line cut off.
She did not provide any help and got into arguments with me .

The hotel is expensive and not worth it in comparing the facility provided as next to zero . Unfriendly crowd

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Confederation Place Hotel? Share your experiences!