“Fine Property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 26 Kingston B&B and Inns
Fonthill
“Fine Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2006

The Rosemount is a lovely heritage inn, a ten-minute walk from downtown Kingston. Warmly welcomed by host Holly, who was also knowledgeable about area to-do's and was helpful in suggesting some things to see/do. Katie the dog beautiful and friendly. Found breakfast quite tasty, not blatantly vegetarian! Would definitely recommend to others who enjoy the B&B experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Guildford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

The Rosemount tries hard, but the owners are insufferably smug, the prices are outrageous (US$300? I have paid less for better in New York!). Oh, and breakfasts are vegetarian whether you like it or not. Oh, and the place is chintzy beyond the point this man could bear, and the rooms range from grand to small, unairconditioned, and uncomfortable.

While I think the management need a good shaking up, this place is not unredeemable, and if you like chintz/frills/ruffles and feel like wasting a few hundred bucks then the Rosemount is for you.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2005

What a gem!! I wish I could keep Rosemount all to myself to ensure we always get a room. All the rooms look just lovely.... I only wish I could stay in them all. The management has done an excellent job of preserving 1850's heritage with 21stC luxury.

The tranquility of the house and calming atmosphere was highlighted by the daily newspaper and tea in the main living room beside the fireplace. I had the chance to soak in my giant tub before we headed off to dinner - because the restaurant knew the owner we were offered a special innkeepers menu at Tango (on King).

Was a delight to be treated so nicely from the moment we walked up the front steps at Rosemount, straight through the dinner, and then topping it all off with a filling, yet very interesting breakfast. Neither breakfast was the same, nor were the plates "expected, typical fare".

First class all the way for those that want a romantic getaway, or for someone looking for a business location outside of a shoebox. I think they have internet access also if travelling on business...there was another person surfing while I was there.

I am planning a weekend with my friends this winter. Can't wait!

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2005

The previous poster obviously doesn't "get" the point of Rosemount B&B. We thoroughly enjoyed our escape to Rosemount, it's like a step back in time. The rooms are decorated in period style, and the beds are to-die-for. If I had wanted to keep up with the latest news while away on vacation I would have stayed at a hotel.
Breakfast is unlike any we had ever experienced, it was a culinary delight. A great way to start our day.
We finished our day with a relaxing aroma-therapy massage, something we highly recommend.
Kingston has much to offer, and Rosemount comes high on our list of "must do" places.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Rosemount B&B Inn? Share your experiences!