I enjoyed my stay at the Secret Garden. I loved the central location in Kingston, the lovely old house with amazing woodworking details and stained glass windows. Staff were very friendly. They were very accommodating in letting me leave my luggage at the hotel before and after check in and out times.The breakfasts were delicious and the home-made cookies on Sunday were scrumptious. The gas fireplace in my room was a very nice cozy touch for the grey November days I was there.
Not everything was perfect about my experience, however. I was told on the phone that I could book the Victoria Rose, but then I got an email a week later saying I was in Angel's Watch. I was a bit disappointed to not get the four poster bed and the claw foot tub. Also, luckily I noticed that she had made an error on the price, forgetting to give me the discount for a single person.
Just a few details need attention in the Angel's Watch room. There were chips on the veneer of the TV stand and some broken handles on a chest of drawers. The tiny TV was impossible for me to turn on, even following the four-step procedure on the written instructions by the TV. I guess I should have asked for help, but it wasn't that important for me to watch TV.
Overall, I'd recommend the Secret Garden, but would try another room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Secret Garden Inn is fully restored and historically designated, was built in 1888 in the Queen Anne Victorian style, and is located in the heart of Kingston's historic district next to downtown. Features gorgeous principal rooms, 7 exquisite guest rooms, all with private bathrooms, queen or king beds, complimentary Wi-Fi, onsite parking, and award winning gardens. Enjoy our complimentary gourmet style breakfast that has made us famous! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Secret Garden Bed And Breakfast Inn
- Secret Garden Hotel Kingston
- Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast Inn Kingston, Ontario