My girlfriend is at Queen's and I decided to surprise her by coming in from Vancouver for the remembrance day weekend. It was a lovely stay! Both mornings were very pleasant with wonderful breakfasts and wonderful people, but also we felt like we had a lot of privacy when we wanted it (a problem with some bed and breakfasts that we've stayed in). We stayed in Teresa's room and wow, it was absolutely stunning. The Victorian style art an furniture were elegant, and THE BED. Oh man. The bed was probably the most comfortable either of us has ever slept in. It's so big that they provide a stool to help you get up on top of it.
Can't say enough about this place. Just a great stay and we'll be heading back this time next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Secret Garden Inn is fully restored and historically designated, was built in 1888 in the Queen Anne Victorian style, and is located in the heart of Kingston's historic district next to downtown. Features gorgeous principal rooms, 7 exquisite guest rooms, all with private bathrooms, queen or king beds, complimentary Wi-Fi, onsite parking, and award winning gardens. Enjoy our complimentary gourmet style breakfast that has made us famous! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Secret Garden Bed And Breakfast Inn
- Secret Garden Hotel Kingston
- Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast Inn Kingston, Ontario