“Unimpressive, but a Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston

Save Saved
You added Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston to your Saves list
Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   285 King Street East, Kingston, Ontario K7L3B1, Canada (Downtown Kingston)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #11 of 36 hotels in Kingston
Calgary, Canada
“Unimpressive, but a Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location is the best feature of this hotel as it is situated close to the lake, downtown and the university. We did not have a lakeside view but the city view overlooking St. George’s Cathedral was quite lovely. Upon entering the hotel, it appears quite small and the lobby unimpressive . It also lacked a small store to purchase snacks or drinks. The rooms were an adequate size and were clean. I appreciated the robe in the closet but did not like that the coarse turf-like carpet and the plastic glasses. Avoid a room on the fourth floor where the pool is, as the rooms themselves have a chlorine smell. However, the staff pleasantly accommodated my request to be moved.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor with the pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
LG_Peter,
Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to know that you enjoyed our location and found your room clean and our friendly staff accommodating to your requests. Your feedback is valuable to us as it allows us to hear directly from our guests and make improvements to provide a more satisfying experience. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again. Thank you again for writing.

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Stittsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here each year for the fisherman's curling bonspiel and first of all want to thank the hotel for there support of this event. The staff provided great friendly service throughout our stay. The rooms are clean and the beds quite comfortable. The only shortcoming is the lack of a small refrigerator in the rooms. I have come to expect this as a standard provision in a basic room and was again disappointed that i had to resort to using my sink to cool a few beers.. .

Room Tip: The view over the waterfront from the upper floors is impressive. You can really appreciate the st...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Wayne H,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing Four Points Kingston for the Fisherman’s Curling Bonspiel and we’re happy to be a part in supporting this annual event. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your comfortable and clean room, and found our friendly staff to provide great service throughout your stay. I appreciate your feedback on the refrigerators in the rooms and apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Toronto, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Has everything that you need. Great location, basic room, comfy bed, great service at the front desk and a lobby bar. The views from the room are okay if you have a room that has a lake view. I stay here on visits to Kingston. It's not a 4 star, but has everything that you need.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
MochaP,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Four Points while visiting Kingston. I’m happy to hear that our location, comfortable beds and our great staff keep you coming back to stay with us. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

While this may be one of the better places to stay in Kingston and I booked on Hotwire that said this was a 3.5 star, this property deserves a 3 star at most. First, the rooms are very dark and lit up with these flourcescent energy savings bulbs. I am all for energy savings, but not at the cost of poor hotel room lighting. Secondly, the carpets are not soft and plush on the feet. Thirdly, the noise from the outside rooms were terrible. I could hear doors closing, voices, etc.

I like to be pleasantly suprised when staying at mid-level hotels and in this case, I wasn't. Would I stay here if I had to again? Maybe. Would I ask to be in a quiet location? YES. Would I stay here for more than 2 nights? Probably not.

I have been at much nicer 4 Points.

I just think this place was clean, but average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Renee B, General Manager at Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
kabecker,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and receiving your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay with us. I apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your visit and appreciate your feedback on the lighting in the guest rooms. We value you as our guest and hope that you'll visit us again.

Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We spent two nights here and we had a very nice, clean room. Although the window faced away from the waterfront, the view out the window was still equally impressive as that from the windows facing the harbour, with the Romanesque dome of St. George's Cathedral dominating the landscape along with other similar domes and steeples in the background.
One drawback is that being in the downtown core, there is a $15 fee for parking, unlike hotels closer to the suburbs where parking is free; however this is characteristic of many downtown hotels in most cities.
My daughters greatly enjoyed the swimming pool on the fourth floor, but I found it was almost impossible to brush their hair, which had become not only extremely tangled, but took on a highly adhesive property afterwards. Are they putting too much chlorine in the pool? Is there something else being added as well? My daughters often go swimming at many City pools around here in Ottawa and they have never had that effect on their hair before.
Although the cleaning staff seems to do a thorough job cleaning, they fail to replenish the shampoo which is in a dispenser installed on the wall in the shower area as opposed to in tiny bottles left by the staff near the sink. We had no shampoo the first morning when I showered and I decided to see if the staff would notice this on their own, so I didn't say anything. Second morning, the shampoo dispenser was still empty. The staff has yet to be empowered with the knowledge that shampoo dispensers will effectively replace those tiny shampoo bottles ONLY when they are refilled on a regular basis.

Room Tip: If your room faces away from the water, the view is still amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mike G,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your two night stay at Four Points Kingston. We're pleased to hear that you found the landscape view from your window equally impressive as the waterfront rooms. It's great to hear that your daughters enjoyed swimmng in the pool and we will be sure to address the pool chemical levels to assure they meet the quality standards. I'm please that you found the cleaning staff to do a thorough job cleaning and do apologize for the oversight on refilling the shampoo dispenser. Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We hope you'll visit us again soon! Thanks again.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 4 nights. We had intended to only stay for 3, but decided to extend our stay. The room was very clean, and the staff were fantastic. The front desk staff were very helpful and totally exceeded expectations. The cleaning staff were friendly, and our room was always well cleaned.

My only complaint is about the hotel restaurant. Breakfast servers were generally good, but we found the dinner servers to be non-engaged, and some food came out cold. The roomservice fee was also astronomical. Kingston has excellent restaurants, I would recommend eating at one of the nearby restaurants rather than eating at the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
MeggieBeth,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your recent visit with us at Four Points Kingston. We're glad you stayed with us and enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff, and I'm glad they were friendly and helpful. I appreciate your candid feedback about our servers and the food. We will work on making improvements in this area. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stop and visit us again. Thanks and safe travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We only spent one night here on the way to Toronto but the room was nice and clean. The staff were polite and helpful. Also the beds were really comfortable. In hate sleeping in hotel beds so I'm very picky.

The only negative was we had to leave quickly in the morning and the girl at the counter wanted to go through the whole process of going over my bill to explain that there were no extra charges. Sorry we were in an rush so please respect travelers needs for time.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dave W,
Thank your for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Four Points Kingston and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and our beds comfortable. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll visit us again.
Andrew Holmes, General Manager

Been to Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston? Share your experiences!