We stayed at this property in October 2012 on a last minute change of plans. We were winterizing our sailboat, and decided it was too cold to stay on board - so booked this property on the way to Kingston in the car, using quick check of TA on the Ipad.
We were not disappointed. We booked the cheapest/smallest room, since we just needed a place to sleep for one night. The room was small-ish, but the value was huge. The property is spotless, check-in staff were very helpful, and the room was very nice. The place looks recently renovated (I dont know when, but it looks pretty new for a 50 yr old propery !).
Linens were great quality, bedding was comfortable, and the room was very well appointed with a small fridge, microwave, and good quality bathroom ameneties. Modern bathroom fixtures, flowers in the bathroom, etc.Pretty much what we would expect at a boutique inn - except that the Green Acres is a motel from the outside !
They also had wi-fi, a pool (we didnt use - too cold out !), and offer a continental breakfast at a very reasonable price (we didnt try it since we went out for a large hot breakfast before heading to the boatyard to work all day !).
If I was staying longer, I would take a larger room, but that is my personal preference.
The location is a bit away from the main drag in Kingston - this means you need to drive to hit the nite life, but also means that the property is located in a much quieter spot than downtown.
Two thumbs up on this one.
- Also Known As:
- Green Acres Hotel Kingston
- Green Acres Hotel
- Green Acres Kingston
- Green Acres Inn Kingston, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Green Acres Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.