“Dirty Hotel- Hotel Très Sale” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Midtown

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Midtown to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Midtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1454 Princess Street (Highway 2), Kingston, Ontario K7M 3E5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 36 hotels in Kingston
Montréal
“Dirty Hotel- Hotel Très Sale”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

Never Again...Sorry to say but this is the Worse Hotel of my Life... I'm a Choice Privilege card holder which means a stay in Choice Hotels (Econo Lodge , Confort Inn, Quality Inn ... a lot and this one is the Worse

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
joyrupert, Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2010
Thank you for your review on the Comfort Inn Kingston Midtown, for it is through these comments we are able to focus on areas that need special attention. We are sorry that your room was not up to your expectations, and the impression it left on you.
We would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our product and services. Should you choose to give our hotel another chance, we will do our best to make your next stay more pleasant.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kitchener
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed in a smoking room because thats all they had left. Even the hallways stunk like smoke. The girl at the front desk said they would spray the room, so it would smell better. Well that didn't work. i don't think I would even stay in a non-smoking room in this hotel. They try hard, the room was clean and beds comfortable. You just can't get past the smell. The hotel needs a really good cleaning to get rid of the smell.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

My husband and I had not planned to stay in Kingston, but our car broke down on the 401 on the way to Stratford. We were impressed by everyone we met and that helped us in Kingston. We ended up at the Comfort Inn at 5:30 pm and were somewhat depressed. Lisa at the desk was cheerful and helpful. She took endless messages for us as worried relatives found out where we were. She looked up many numbers for us and kept us laughing. The room was okay and I have no complaints. It was clean and had the basics, but it really doesn't matter. I would stay there again because the staff made us feel so at home. We were late leaving in the morning as there were no cars(Lisa called every rental in town) and the girls that cleaned the rooms were good natured and patient and we held them up by more than half an hour. What could have been a depressing visit was made cheerful. Thank you Lisa from both of us. If we ever do come to stay in Kingston I would stay at the Comfort Inn just to see you!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Buffalo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We have stayed here twice this year because we have Pug dogs. They are accepted with no additional fee and there is plenty of green space for them to enjoy!! I love the sliding glass doors on the first floor for quick/easy outdoor access. I think a bit more care could be taken in cleaning the washroom but the linens were all clean and fresh. There are a fair number of smoking rooms so you can smell smoke in the corridors. Our room had a mini fridge, microwave, queen bed, desk, and pull out sofa. Guests included kids attending K-Rock concerts, out of town workers, business travelers, and folks on holiday. The weather was nice and lots of guest were hanging out side enjoying the sunshine. All of the guests and staff I ran into were friendly and respectful. They have a propane grill and some picnic tables and folks were grilling and eating outside. I found it very pleasant, family friendly, affordable and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

don't stay here. The room floor was wet. Hotel full of workers (road crews) who were up by 6 am and revving up their vehicles. Crummy breakfast. Sliding glass door gave outside access, but unsafe as there was no step down - more like a leap. Corridor smelled musty and overall a great disappointment. Expensive for what we didn't get.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

My stay at the Comfort Inn Midtown was great.I was in town for an interview, From check in, the staff made my stay extremely pleasant, the girl who checked me in (I believe her name started with a M, michelle, something like that) was very helpful, and gave me excellent directions to all the destinations I needed to be for my trip. The housekeeping staff were also very kind. Even though it is a chain, it has a mom and pop kind of feel, because everyone is so friendly! It's refreshing to meet people out there that really care about the customers, and don't act like your bothering them. The room was nice, they informed me it had just been renovated. I had a room on the first floor, so we actually could pull our truck right up to the door of our room! (having a patio door to outside was good for my smoker husband.) The evening was nice and quiet. I absolutley loved the breakfast in the morning, so much to choose from. I will come back for sure next time I visit Kingston!

• Liked — The drive up patio door
  • Disliked — Paying for the bottle of water in the room (I thought it was free)
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

we had three non-smoking rooms here over the weekend. 2 rooms were OK, and the third room had a terrible odour - kind of like mildew or mould. When we complained at the front desk we were told the foul smell was the new tv. One of the other rooms my father stayed in had a new tv and it did not smell. We changed rooms to the upper floor and was given the last room in the hotel. We were warned it was a smoking room, and preferred the odour of smoke over mould.

The room was very hot so we needed the air conditioning. the A/C unit was so loud i could barely sleep. I do understand this is a budget hotel, but I found it to be very uncomfortable.

All 3 rooms were very clean as were the common areas of the hotel. the staff were friendly and the rates were reasonable. This hotel is also pet friendly. Please keep in mind 2 of the 3 rooms were fine. i'm not sure i'd stay here again though.

• Liked — pet friendly
  • Disliked — the foul odour in one of the rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn Midtown? Share your experiences!