“Ok if you want a cheap place to stay but not very comfortable.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Midtown

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Midtown to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Midtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1454 Princess Street (Highway 2), Kingston, Ontario K7M 3E5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 36 hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“Ok if you want a cheap place to stay but not very comfortable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We chose this place because it was well-priced and rated very well considering, however it was disappointing. It was extremely hot and the air conditioning didn't work, the sofa bed in our room wasn't made up - we needed to make it up ourselves and the sheets were stained and torn. We couldn't get extra pillows, towels, or blankets because the hotel was full even though we booked the room for 3 adults. The staff was not very helpful or friendly. Not the best experience. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sarnia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed four nights at this hotel. Room was clean. Beds were comfortable. Unable to access in room movies and staff tried but was unable to solve the problem. However a generous discount on our stay was satisfactory. Helpful and friendly staff. Good breakfast available. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Haliburton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to employee, John Unsworth, for going above and beyond his duty to help me to find my car key which I lost during my stay at the Comfort Inn. Unfortunately we could not find the key, but he made a great effort and would not take any compensation.

All front desk people that we met were also very helpful. This motel has great staff who go out of their way to help their guests. We'll definitely stay here again on our next trip to Kingston.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I booked this room with points, and that was too much to spend on this rundown hotel.. It appears they may be trying to update things because they do have a beautiful room for breakfast, but the rooms are in d desperate need of repair! The rug is filthy and peeling up from the floor. The bed spread had stuff stuck to it and I had to take it to the front desk for a replacement... Who know if/when it was ever washed! This is the second bad experience I've had with this chain, so there is no return for me... I have canceled my card and switched to a more consistent and reliable chain of hotels!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a tip for a good room at this hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Our experience was overall good. Upon entering the non-smoking room we were assigned, we immediatly smelled smoke & found the window open. "Not a good start." Front desk staff were very appologetic & reassigned us another room. The second room was fine, but please note that the beds are extremely hard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last weekend and found this hotel to be absolutely great. It was very affordable and our room was very nice. The staff were very pleasent too which was nice and went above and beyond to accomated us and make our weekend getaway a great one. I would recommend this to any traveller that is passing through the Kingston area. Thank you :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnMidtown, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know that our location suited you and that you were well attended by our staff. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn Midtown. Thank you
Kim
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

It's obvious the management and staff are working hard to make this "home away from home" better with each visit. From the new breakfast addition to the new flat screen TVs in the rooms, I couldn't have been happier. Add in a motivated, friendly staff who remembered me by name and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed to be comfortable, and I'm not sure there's anywhere else I'll stay when I'm in Kingston. Thanks for great stay after great stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review! I will be sure to give this review to all of the staff here as it is important for them to hear they do a great job from someone other than management once and a while! We aim to provide all the comforts of home and more to our guests. The next time you think to add a few more days to your say please don’t hesitate! We’d love to have you!
Kim

Been to Comfort Inn Midtown? Share your experiences!