“Good Value, Friendly Staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Midtown

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Midtown to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Midtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1454 Princess Street (Highway 2), Kingston, Ontario K7M 3E5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 37 hotels in Kingston
Ontario
“Good Value, Friendly Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Our experience was overall good. Upon entering the non-smoking room we were assigned, we immediatly smelled smoke & found the window open. "Not a good start." Front desk staff were very appologetic & reassigned us another room. The second room was fine, but please note that the beds are extremely hard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last weekend and found this hotel to be absolutely great. It was very affordable and our room was very nice. The staff were very pleasent too which was nice and went above and beyond to accomated us and make our weekend getaway a great one. I would recommend this to any traveller that is passing through the Kingston area. Thank you :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnMidtown, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know that our location suited you and that you were well attended by our staff. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn Midtown. Thank you
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

It's obvious the management and staff are working hard to make this "home away from home" better with each visit. From the new breakfast addition to the new flat screen TVs in the rooms, I couldn't have been happier. Add in a motivated, friendly staff who remembered me by name and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed to be comfortable, and I'm not sure there's anywhere else I'll stay when I'm in Kingston. Thanks for great stay after great stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review! I will be sure to give this review to all of the staff here as it is important for them to hear they do a great job from someone other than management once and a while! We aim to provide all the comforts of home and more to our guests. The next time you think to add a few more days to your say please don’t hesitate! We’d love to have you!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have stayed at this motel no less than than 5 times over the past few years while visiting Kingston and have always found the staff to be very friendly , accomodating, helpful. It is an older hotel but I have always found the room to be more than adequate with clean bathrooms, adequate TVS, very firm mattresses and often with a small fridge at my request. There is free parking and if one needs extra towels or toiletries they are quick to comply. I think the breakfast is more than adequate with a variety of juices, milk, coffee, fruit , jams, toast as well as boiled eggs.The motel has converted one of it's guest rooms close to the breakfast area to a small dining area with tables and a tv and it's convenient to eat one's breakfast, read the newspaper, watch the morning news and meet other hotel guests. The motel does allow pets and often is a host to a minor sports team so at my request they give me a room which generally is not used for familes with pets or smoking areas.I have gotten to know the manager Lisa and enjoy her sense of humour as well as the other staff. I strongly disagree with some of the other comments which appear to be from people who stayed 1 time and got a bad impression. Yes the motel is close to some train tracks but Kingston is a small city and the motel just happens to be close to the Via Rail station which actually is a convenince. In addition the train tracks to the best of my memory are NOT the main train stracks for Via Rail but one that is seldom used and when it is used it is for some transport but I don't ever recall being awakened by any train noise. The motel is very close to conveniences such as Avis rent a car which is great when I came to Kingston from Toronto by train and rented a car for use in city. I also find I can negotiate a good rate whether it is Aeroplan, Or "choice hotel" and as well I can cancel if need be without my credit card being charged.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is not used for familes who have pets or away from large groups. As a rule the...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate the time and effort in sharing your experiences because our focus is on the guest and providing the best experience. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the entire team here! We look forward to welcoming you back when you travel to Kingston in the future.
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

In my humble opinion, this place looks like they rent rooms by the hour. Dirty, shabby halls, close to the train tracks. Just pick another place.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there are any good rooms here.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
MidtownComfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Midtown. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our valuable guests and it is evident through your comments that we did not meet them. All hotels from time to time need to upgrade their furnishing and ownership is in the process of addressing this issue. Thank you
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while on training. It was not to far from where the training was. Very friendly staff. The hotel is a little older but still in good condition. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
The Comfort Inn Midtown appreciates your positive feedback. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your training in Kingston. We hope to have you as a guest again and in the near future. Thank you
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Am usually quite forgiving for problems faced in hotels but will make an exception here. This hotel is a disgrace. Yes I know its not the Ritzs but I do expect better than this. have stayed in other Comfort Inns and this was the pits.
The corridors smell of disinfectant and are dark and dingy. The room was ok in size but had very dated and damaged furniture and all the bed linen looked rather thread bare! The free breakfast was served in another bedroom as there was problem with some renovation going on.
The ice machine was broken and the security door to the hotel was also broken, so no need to use your room card.
Was very tempted to find another hotel but as was only there one night I could'nt be bothered.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MidtownComfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel the comments such as yours allow us to assess where we have opportunities to make improvements. Should you choose to return we encourage you to get in touch with us prior to your arrival so that we can ensure that everything for your stay is in perfect order

Been to Comfort Inn Midtown? Share your experiences!