“THE BEST, Book it!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 Princess St, Kingston, Ontario K7L 4X6, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Kingston
Burlington, Canada
“THE BEST, Book it!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I would like to personally thank the management of this great hotel for looking after my wife so well while she is in Kingston for work. When she calls to make a reservation not only is her room ready for her, its often upgraded at no charge and they let her check in early. Kingston is 3 hours away from our home so its a secure feeling for me knowing she is staying there while away.
They treat her like gold each and every time and the hotel is SAFE SAFE SAFE and she feels that. In December I had the pleasure of staying in that hotel for her company Christmas party and I was blown away by the place in general, at first the girl at reception noticed my wife being here on a weekend as opposed to a weekday so that personal touch was really nice. The lobby is very warm and inviting not to mention spotless.. We get up to the room and I thought I had died and went to heaven, the bathroom was as big and luxurious as I have even been into........it had a "bootwasher" in the room....lol......it looks like a toilet but I think its to wash boots..lol......anyways, the best place in Kingston bar none.....Thanks to the manager for making my wife feel so comfortable, secure and safe while she stays with you and thanks for such a great room for our Christmas party stay......

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Hotelmanager1550, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We do strive to make our hotel your home away from home.

All the best

Venicio Rebelo
613 541 4676
venicio@ambassadorhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We had the pleasure of hosting our wedding at the Ambassador hotel. The wedding coordinator, Kristie Freitas was wonderful. She made our wedding day what it was and we truly could not have done it without her. Everything from the food and the hall, to the small details in the organization of our wedding was brilliant, we could not have been happier. The chef Kevin, was so creative and accommodating - the food was fantastic! The accommodations for our quests and our wedding suite were lovely and having the pool and waterslide our guests with children made it even better.

I have also been at the Ambassador for other events as well as just a guest; I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone as the service and hotel is in my opinion the best in Kingston. To anyone planning a wedding, the services are by far the best in comparison to other venues and having the assistance of Kristie and Kevin would make any wedding day beyond special.

Room Tip: Suites are awesome!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Our group of federal employees have been fortunate to use the Ambassador Hotel for our annual event four times. The venue is great for a forum or meeting of 200+ attendees as we pretty well had the run of the Hotel. The restaurant, though small, has very good food at affordable prices. Reception of our group was exceptional and the staff did a remarkable job of allocating rooms as early as possible. The convention team is very professional and courteous. Of particular note is the service provided by Lucy Medeiros and Erin Finucan who went to great lengths to ensure that we were comfortable. The event went off without a hitch and we felt that the service surpassed anything that we had experienced at the Delta Hotel or the Marriott Hotel in Montreal. For relaxation, I recommend the Water park and the very cosy bar just off the lobby. For those of you who want to stretch a bit walking around in the city of Kingston is very safe and comfortable. I have repeatedly walked from the Hotel to the Waterfront though that is quite a hke. The only negative issue is that if you arrive by train, which is only minutes from the Hotel and have visions of variety for dining that will have to be done by taxi. For a decompress week-end with small children this locale cannot be beat. Very impressive for a medium size Hotel . Ample parking is available.

Room Tip: Choose the new wing preferably away from the road
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Waterloo, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband booked this for our family because it had alot to offer. When we arrived, the weather was very rainy and cold and the parking lot was PACKED. We had to park in the back parking lot and got quite drenched before we were able to get to the door. There was a dance competition there that weekend and dozens and dozens of girls everywhere. The check-in staff were friendly and let us know that the hotel was a little busy and apologized. The elevators were running very slow so we always ended up taking the stairs most of the time to the 3rd floor. Even though our room was clean, it was quite dated and worn; not like the first pictures we had seen.

We decided to make use of the indoor waterpark; that ended up being the biggest disappointment of all. The crowds were overwhelming and they were limiting the amount of people allowed in the pool. When you get to the pool area, you must leave your shoes on shelves, which were very messy, crowded and dirty; but we didn't have a choice. This area as well looked nothing like the pictures. I realize that the hotel was quite crowded that weekend, but the cleanliness of the area was horrible. There were lifeguards there, but only one seemed to actually be doing any work. the others were standing around talking or just staring off into space. There is a flat area where there are spray fountains that kids can run through on a rubberized floor, which is great for toddlers, but the water was ice cold and my son said it hurt. The kids actually asked if we could leave.

We went down later in the day to see about getting something to eat and couldn't find anyone in the restaurant area at all. When we went to the front desk, she appologized and said that it wasn't open yet but we could sit in the bar and order food. Not real convienient with kids. The breakfast that they offer is quite expensive as well and not really affordable. There really isn't any other family restaurants close by, especially if you are not familiar with the area, which could cause you to need to eat there. We never had their food, so we can't comment on that. Thankfully, we know the area and were able to eat elsewhere.

Our overall stay was disappointing to say the least. I do not feel it was worth the $140 we paid as there are much nicer hotels in the area that are less expensive. I know we will not choose to stay here any time soon.

Room Tip: ask when you book if there is any large groups or confrences going on, if there is; book elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns during your recent visit. I truly am sorry that you did not have a fantastic visit.
Please allow me to make this right. I would like to extend to you a return visit as my guests, hopefully on a date when the hotel is not at full capacity. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Venicio Rebelo
613 541 4676 (Direct Line)
venicio@ambassadorhotel.com
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here because it had a pool and lots of parking and affordable rates. Ideal for families. It's a 10 - 15 minute drive to the downtown however and we wished we had stayed at a hotel on the water but those were a lot more expensive. The room was very large, nicely decorated and clean.

Relatively speaking its rates are a bargain especially in summer when everything is expensive. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is a nice place to stay when traveling in the Kingston, ON area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The prices are reasonable and the value you receive is very good.

The staff are very good and helpful. There is a nice pool area which would be ideal for families.

There are restaurants nearby and there is plenty of parking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Ambassador Conference Resort in Kingston for work purposes this past November 2011 . My room was huge, clean with a big spa tub . The staff was very friendly and helpful. I also used the pool and the saunas and loved them.
I will definitely make plans to return with my family for a short holiday.

Room Tip: I stayed in the West wing at a corner suite and it was sunny and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!