“Big rooms, good only if you drive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1217 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario K7M 3EI, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 36 hotels in Kingston
Singapore, Singapore
“Big rooms, good only if you drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here with my family for 4 nights. A good place if you drive as parking is free, but it is not really near anywhere interesting within walking distance. Well-staffed. Nice gym.

Breakfast is simple and ok. It gets pretty boring after a couple of them as nothing changes.

Staff service is ok. Nothing memorable - be it good or bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
California USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We love the Fireside Inn. The decor in the Breakfast area and 2 restaurants is lovely.
Rooms are clean and very homey - each has a gas Fireplace, a wonderful way to relax.
It feels luxurious with old european charm. Tom's Place (in the hotel) has great burgers, soups etc. and Bistro Stefan has delicious dinner specials for $20.
Free Parking and Wifi is good. All the staff is very helpful.
There is full Grocery Store walking distance (2doors down) for any thing you need.
Very safe part of town, beautiful pool.
You do have to drive (about 5-10 min) to the downtown area, but that is very small price to pay for the comfort and luxury.
I believe this is the best place in Kingston to stay.

Room Tip: I found every room we stayed in was great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Should not be rated as a Best Western PLUS. There are no pluses here. Carpets in hallways are filthy; phone didn't work property, heat lamp in bathroom didn't work; water in shower was luke warm; chips out of tub; funky smell in room; old, tired furniture. Overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Cobden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

A great atmosphere and friendly place to stay. Great meals at the restaurant, friendly & courteous staff. Easy to get to and plenty of parking. I have stayed at this hotel many times and will be back again. Short drive or cab ride to anywhere in the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Montrea, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spent, yet another night in Kingston recently (it feels as though I am doing a tour of all the hotels there) and thought I would try this particular hotel.

I loved it. Its a very cool mixture of "country" and "nodern". I love, love the decor - which is basically lodge style but super comfortable - including a fireplace AND a HUGE whirlpool. The rooms are very clean and the bathrooms were spotless.

Two tvs - a four poster bed and super comfortable beds.

We also spent some great time in the lounge with the great wing back chairs.

The only downside? I wasn't fond of the pillows (lots of them but kind of tiny) and the breakfast (free) was very, very average.

Otherwise, excellent.

Room Tip: If you are a member of the Best Western program you can request an upgrade and you will get it if av...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent two nights here and could not have been more satisfied. The staff, guest room, restaurant and lounge/bar were all first class. I have no hesitation in recommending The Fireside Inn for a stay in Kingston.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Brockville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here on several occasions and have always enjoyed it. We have stayed in the regular rooms, whirlpool room and even a fantasy suite. And have always loved it. However our last stay in August was very disappointing. This was a regular fireplace suite. When we first entered the room it had a bad smell to it. I finally pinpointed it to the bed. (Kind of the smell if you leave your clothes in the washer to long before drying). We were late arriving so we showered to head out to supper. I quickly stopped by the desk and mentioned the smell and asked if the sheets could be changed while we were out. I was told this wasn't possible because the maid was gone for the day. I then asked if we could get any towels for the morning since ours were used to get ready for that night. She said ok. When we got back to our room the towels were left by the door. I was surprised that the other used towels were still left in the bathtub. The next morning we got up to start fresh. When we got downstairs for the buffet there was a half an hour left but was hardly any food. Eggs were refilled but sausage and potatoes weren't. Not to mention there wasn't any bacon. Empty tables were covered with dirty plates still. We sat at one and had to wait a few minutes before a waitress made her way to us. I was pleased that when we returned back to our room early afternoon the smell was gone and the old towels were taken out. We then decided to relax by the pool. We were out there for two hours and only saw the waitress twice and both times she went to other side of pool to talk to someone and then went right back in never making her way to our side. The following morning breakfast food was no better. Althought I must say the service was better. There were clean tables this time and there was a gentlemen there who did refill the food even if I did have to wait a bit. I even had to ask for them to refill the orange juice container. But he was very friendly and accommodating. That evening we were taking a taxi downtown for dinner. We stopped by reception and I asked the lady to call a taxi. She did but wasn't friendly about it at all. When we checked out I was prepared to tell the reception how disappointed I was but she didn't even ask how my stay was and quickly dismissed me. I felt maybe she had something pressing to do so figure I would email my disappointment. However I could not find a contact email on their site and saw this instead and so I choose to voice my concerns here. As mentioned before I have stayed here before and have loved it. It was a long time ago but I figured it would remain the same. I was told when checking in that they had just upgraded the rooms and it did look that way and I was told they would be upgrading the A/C as well. The location is good. Close to 401 and midway between downtown resturants and uptown block stores. Maybe it was just a one time fluke but I can't see myself returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn? Share your experiences!