“Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1217 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario K7M 3EI, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
toronto, Canada
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Good hotel overall. Be careful with the swimming pool if you have children. There is a suction pipe where the children can get hurt if they get close to it. It is on the wall of the swimming pool and it is easy for them to touch it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only one night, but I wish it could have been longer. The hotel has a fireplace in each room, Fantasy Rooms that have to be seen to believe, a huge bar, outside swimming pool, a Bistro and this all included a free breakfast of hot and cold items. Superb. Our room had a huge King Size bed and very comfortable. And the room was huge. The wonderful decor and ceramics in the room gave it the super finishing touches. We will have to go back again and I would love to choose a Fantasy Room. The hotel is approx in the centre of the City and close to everything, shopping, boat tours through the Thousand Islands and Dinner Cruises as well. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and all in all I would definitely go back and highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you for making our short stay there a memorable one.

Room Tip: We had Suite 200 overlooking the pool and you also have the bar access from the pool. Very quiet and...
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

A super hotel in the middle of the City of Kingston. Close to everything. The hotel has a Bar, Restaurant, Outdoor Swimming pool and a choose of some Fantasy Suites which I am sure I may chose the next time I want someplace special for my wife and I to experience in a very friendly city. Close also to many different type of boat tours and dinner cruises among the Thousand Islands. Over all a great hotel and friendly and courteous staff. Thanks.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Normally, I would stay at the Marriott or the Holiday Inn Express but they don’t take pets. I guess they don’t want stinky rooms.Traveling with a pet limited my options. Kingston is a funny town. The hotel prices are unreasonably high for a middle class person trying to save some money on vacation.However, the hotel had an extended stay price so that helped. I got the obligatory $10 pet charge per night but that is expected. Plus the free breakfast is an added bonus.

I don’t think this hotel has my perfect combo of price and quality. I wish there was more supply in Kingston to bring prices down a bit. I could take cheaper accommodations but I don’t like to travel like that anymore.

The Fireside Inn has been around a long time and it’s showing its age. However, everything was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was OK but the entrees never changed the 6 nights I stayed there. I had a pet and was kind of locked in. It was good I could get breakfast in the hotel. It made that one meal easier with the pet, plus my dog loves eggs.

The King size bed was very comfortable and the room had a sofa for lounging around. The room was short on space as was the bathroom. Everything was clean and the furniture seemed to be new or at least, recent.

The cleaning staff were very friendly. They loved my dog so that made my stay even better. It’s amazing how many more people you meet and talk to when you have a pet.

I think the location is perfect but you need a car. I imagine most people arrive in Kingston via car so the distance from downtown really doesn't matter. Parking is free and there seems to be enough space. If you stay downtown, it's almost certain you will pay a daily rate for hotel parking. So there's always a compromise.

Overall, the stay was comfortable and it was a pleasurable experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I loved the hotel. It has beautiful bed and fireplace. It is well lit and the pool and gardens are lovely. I swam and lots of chairs around the pool. Staff are friendly and helpful. I had friends to my room and they said it was visiting someones house. Nice tv and the bed was so comfortable. I could have stayed for a few night. It is close to Food Basic and church and malls. A cab ride is @11.40 to down town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Morriston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Comfortable room. Liked the country style decor and brick fireplace. Amenities included a small fridge and a small safe. Comfortable bed. A large assortment of pillows, which I always appreciate. Quiet room. A little outdated but still quite cosy and charming. Really nice free breakfast in a restaurant setting - scrambled eggs and sausages were a nice addition to the usual breakfast fare.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was so cute with the fireplace and the beds were great! Internet was fast and helpful. Staff was helpful at first with helping us to order pizza to be delivered to room. Went swimming in the pool but didn't last long as the pool was incredibly cold. Needed to take shower to warm up and there were only 2 towels in the bathroom and there were four of us. Seriously, only 2 towels! CRAZY THIN doors between the rooms. I heard the next door neighbor ask her husband where all of the towels were in their room. I could hear their entire conversations when they were standing by the door. I was able to turn the fan on in the room to drown out the sound and it worked just fine. Breakfast was fine. But they don't leave water out for those who don't drink juice or coffee. I had to keep finding people to get me water because they said it was easier for them that way. Just wasn't easier for me. The free breakfast coupon clearly stated that we needed to leave a tip but I was not happy to do that when I did all of the work myself! With all of that said, it was a fine place and very comfortable. We had a two week trip so really just comparing this experience to 10 other days of hotels and it does rate just fine in my book.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn? Share your experiences!