We had the opportunity to stay in the BW Plus Fireside Inn this past Monday. Online, I reviewed all the rooms and even a regular room showed soooo nice, they all have fireplaces. Do to circumstances, we ended up with one of their Fantasy Suites, the Susie Wong Suite.
One of the BW staff escorted us to our suite. The area of the hotel, where all the Fantasy Suites are, has a separate enterence card lock door. Up a set of stairs, opening the door, we stepped into a most interesting hallway. A tall black stand with painted loctus blooms and leaves are eye catching. There is a sumie (Japanese style painting)picture of cranes and grasses.
A circle frame doorway welcomes you into the main suite.
Oh, my _ _ _. The suite was beautiful. We felt like CathyPacific airlines dropped us in the middle of one of Toyko's fancy hotels...The decorator earned her pay. The only thing missing was light playing Japanese music in the background, and white slippers (since shoes are not worn inside Japanese homes).
The area above the fireplace mantle, looks like the roof of a pagoda, with interesting carved sitting chairs to enjoy the fire. The window covering was enhanced with a beautiful painted screen. The walls are adorned with paintings, and beautiful gold fans. The main television housed in a flowerprint wallpaper, wall unit flanked by two vases. Two comfortable chairs and 3 individual tables face the television. The iron/board and suitcase rack are hidden behind a huge, beautiful painted screen. The mini refrigerator is hidden in a hand painted cabinet and the dresser equally as beautiful are both made of wood. The large 6 person jacuzzi tub is half surrounded with multiple steps, ideal for sitting on while conversing with bathers. The washroom is large and also nicely decorated. The third television hangs over the sink, the phone is within reach while sitting on the 'john'. The shower with its 'rain head', extra large space and glass door is very inviting. The two white bathrobes are a welcome addition for travelers with limited luggage space. Now the bed area. The queen size bed was comfortable, under a Japanese canopy. Above the headboard was another beautiful painted screen of people. The bed was flanked by two night stands. The second television is here. The suite is beyond beautiful.
The reception and housekeeping staff was helpful and friendly. We spent 1/2 hour beside the
secluded pool area, complete with number of comfortable lounges, table under a canopy, and best of all, the restaurant/bar of the hotel, provided excellent caesar drinks.
The following morning, 6:30-10:00a.m. an excellent buffet breakfast was provided. And if hotel guests wanted to invited others to breakfast there was a $12.95 charge. Usually, 'others' - non guests are not allowed to the breakfast area.
The main negative remark: trouble connecting with the BW 'fireside' wifi. One of the local internet provider's signal was very strong and interfered with BW wifi....I was assured that the hotel is working on this problem...
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Fireside Hotel
- Best Western Plus Fireside Hotel Kingston
- Best Western Fireside Hotel
- Best Western Kingston
- Kingston Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn Kingston, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Fireside Inn every room has a fireplace, free wireless high-speed Internet access, hand made pine and oak furniture and beautiful marble bathrooms renovated in 03-04. We specialize in special occasions. Our Whirlpool Suites, Specialty Suites and Fantasy Suites are perfect for any occasion and are sure to keep you coming back again and again. As always the Fireside Inn continues to provide the best in comfort and value that Kingston has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Best Western, Orbitz, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.