“Old charm” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Fireside Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1217 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario K7M 3EI, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Old charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Well after giving up on deal we found through Dealfind as we could not get decent room in the Best Western Country Squire Resort in Gananoque for Saturday night we went searching for a room in near by Kingston. In comparison to Radisson, Ambassador or Marriott in Kingston , who could accommodate us for the night, Best Western offered reasonable price of $135.00 for a room with king size bed (CAA rate).
This Best Western upheld the brand very well. It is old outlet but it is making the best of it. Upgraded shower with heat lamp, electric fireplace, flat HD TV set talks about effort to keep up with time preserving the charms of the old times. Although bit crowded room offered comfort and atmosphere.
Complementary breakfast similar to one we had a morning before in Gananoue this time offered porcelain plates, real glasses, silver and cotton napkins. Menu was almost identical scrambled eggs, breakfast sausages, fruits, juice etc. But this time presentation made a difference. I felt that this deal find business is actually ruining the industry, the chain is about to break on its weakest link, and by comparing two Best Western hotels it was easy to see who of the two might be the weakest link.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is very very dated, but clean and basic if that's all you need. The only major complaint we had was excessive noise. We called front desk to ask them to help about loud upstairs neighbours and we had a hard time getting them to do anything about it. Eventually it got cleared up after going up ourselves, getting a room number and calling down with that number. Also if someone showers or flushes the toilet above you it sounds like Niagara falls pounding through the walls. Not exactly a quiet relaxing stay. There is a good hot breakfast buffet that was very convenient - hot waffles, fruit, drinks included which was nice.

Room Tip: not on bottom floor!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I don't enjoy bashing a business because everyone truly is just trying to make a dollar right? However to readers of tripadvisor like me, I come to this site to seek some insight into if there's an audience who recommends a particular hotel or restaurant, etc. So I do feel a little annoyed that all of the reviewers of this motel gave it raving reviews and I don't think it's an instance of me having just bad luck on a particular weekend. Let me make this clear - this motel...is bad. Real bad. I only regret not taking photos to attach to this review. I was expecting a 5-star room but it was one of the cheesiest rooms I've ever stayed in my entire life. The wallpaper must've been purchased within the clearance bin at the nearest giant tiger, worn out linen, the random books and animals added for that 'cabin feel' just looked gross really, and not to mention, there were wires every which way loose waiting for a fire hazard to happen. Now I wouldn't at all mind staying here - if it were half the price I paid. I was blown away that I was being charged $140 for a crappy stay within a crappy room. Honestly, I would've preferred to sleep in my van for free if I could do it over again. I expressed my complaints to Best Western that this location and that it's pretty much robbery to charge obscenely for this low quality of a motel. All I got was a robotic reply of "Thanks...duly noted". Never staying here...ever again. To the positive reviewers of this location...you're either staff or honestly delusional.

Room Tip: If you're desperate for a stay - please just ask to have a peek at the room before you make your...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thornbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

A high quality inn with rooms that are beautifully decorated in white pine, with a fireplace, digital inroom safe, outstanding shower/bathroom, and a full complimentary breakfast buffet that was excellent. The front desk staff were courteous and professional, and the owners obviously understand the hospitality industry.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The fireplace rooms are luxurious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chatham-Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Fireside Inn lives up to its name; our room had its own fireplace. The hotel is very warm and inviting and the hotel bar is equally so, just beside the main check in counter. Our room wa very comfortable and clean, very ''homey". The breakfast was very nice and restaurant clean and nicely decorated. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Mississauga, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spent this past weekend at the Fireside Inn for our anniversary and we had a lovely stay. The hotels isn't the the most modern or trendiest place, but it has a real warmth and charm and the staff was really nice. I would call the decor "country comfy", because it was really comfortable and relaxed and I loved the fact that there was a fireplace in the room (I think there's one in every room). Our room, on the second floor, was very quiet (well insulated walls I guess), but the toilet did run a bit loud at times throughout the night, and the bathroom door didn't fit right - it would kind of jam. But the bathroom itself looked really new, with lovely tile on the floor and walls, and my husband loved the dual shower heads. The breakfast in the Bistro restaurant, which was included with our stay, was very good with a wide array of items available, fresh fruit, many different juices, and it went until 11:00am (thank goodness because we wanted to sleep in late and take our time). Overall the price was really great, and with breakfast included - we couldn't find a better deal in Kingston! Thank you for a great stay.

Cobourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here with my husband and two of his siblings as a family reunion. Great location on Princess Street with free parking. Mall nearby for shopping. We entered our room to see a king size four poster bed with a canopy which was such a hoot. Lovely room, with electric fireplace gives great mood. Extremely clean. All amedities were there including an electric shoe polisher refrigerator and coffee machine (free). Included buffet breakfast, hot waffles, scrambled egg, sausage, home fries, fresh cut fruit, cold cereals, bread, muffins, juices and hot beverages. Ask for the room with the hot air balloon, the bed is in the basket of the balloon..... or the car...... very unique rustic looking hotel. They could use an elevator.... we are seniors and carrying our luggage up the stairs is a challenge.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the specialty rooms....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family