“Clean, friendly, up-to-date” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water's Edge

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water's Edge to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water's Edge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Earl Street, Kingston, Ontario K7L 0A4, Canada (Sydenham)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Kingston
Canada
“Clean, friendly, up-to-date”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Excellent location near the water and walking distance to the main shops and restaurants. Really friendly check-in staff. We had a studio room, with king size bed and pullout couch. The decor was really nice, nice view from the room too. Wish we could have stayed longer to make use of the nice little kitchen. The whole room was well laid out and comfortable. TV on a swivel so it could be turned to be seen from either the bed or the couch. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I can think of no better way to start a Monday morning than to be responding to reviews like this, thank you so much for posting your comments.

Hopefully the next time you stay with us it will be for a longer period so you can enjoy all that Kingston has to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Guelph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here with two friends and we had the two bedroom suite. It is very comfortable with lots of room to spread out. The two bathrooms are a bonus when you have three women travelling together! This is our third year staying at this hotel for our girls weekend and it has always been great. This time we selected the room that looks out over the City rather than the water and saved about $100 a night - with the same room and amenities.
The only complaint this time was that when we returned from our day of shopping around 4 the room had not yet been cleaned. We called the front desk and they sent someone up right away but it would of been nice to return to a clean room.
We will stay again next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank for sharing your comments, we really appreciate the fact that so many of our valued guests take the time. I am thrilled that you and your party enjoyed our two bedroom suite, they are ideal for a party of friends as they offer good value and lots of space with the added advantage of two bathrooms. I am not so happy to see that you had to prompt us to clean your suite, I will discuss this matter with our executive housekeeper to ensure we try harder to refresh our suites in a timley manner.

I truly hope to welcome you back to Kingston very soon.
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is the best in Kingston! The rooms are amazing, the views great, and they provide an amazing breakfast, for the money, this cannot be beat! The location is convenient and so easy to walk to many bars, and restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms have nice view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
WOW! Thank for you for sharing and for saying we are the best hotel in Kingston. We really do appreciate all comments and we talk about all postings on a weekly basis with all our associates. I really would love to meet you someday, please let me know when you are next in Kingston and I can say hello.

Have a great day.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for business for 2 nights recently and was very pleasantly surprised. I studied at Queen's years ago but never had the chance to stay at a hotel and I really loved the Marriott. It is in a very good location, only a stone's throw from lovely restaurants and bars and Kington's small CBD. My room was on the ground floor and the window looked right out to the front entrance of the hotel, but there was no noise disruption at night.

The room was very spacious and had excellent amenities including a small but beautiful kitchen space. The closet in the bedroom area was large and the bathroom had a very well lit and large mirror. Great swivelling flat-screen TV allows you to watch from the comfort of your bed after a long day of work or play.

The breakfast was included with the room and was quite good - cereals, pastries, hot breakfast items, fruit, yogurt, and breads. The fact that is it served in a room with a roaring fire is a much appreciated bonus on those cold Ontario mornings.

Many of my colleagues had brought along family or partners to enjoy the stay while we worked during the day and everyone was very pleased with the hotel. I will stay here on my next visit to Kingston.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor and the window faced the front entrance of the hotel but noise and d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Good morning from a very cold but sunny Kingston. Thank you for posting your comments, we really appreciate it. I hope all our friends on TripAdvisor finds your comments usefull.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Location is excellent, right in downtown Kingston & directly on the water. There is a decent gym and a very nice saltwater indoor pool and hot tub. The restaurant is schizophrenic - fancy menus and "amuses bouche" but TVs playing sports! Trying to be something to everyone I think. Breakfast is included and had good choice. Free internet. Room was large and had a nice kitchenette which we didn't use, but nice to have the choice. Good storage, comfy bed and quiet. My only real complaint is that they were having electrical work done and the power was completely shut down from 8 am until 4 pm one day - we were given a notice when we checked in and the option to cancel our stay without penalty but once we had booked and were already there - not knowing the city or other options - that wasn't so convenient. I think they should have warned guests about this in advance and those who agreed to stay should have been given some compensation - reduced room rate, free meal or something. I've never seen a hotel do this before (it was obviously a planned event, not an emergency since they warned us when we checked in 2 days before).

Kitchener, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had initially selected to stay at the Residence Inn in July and have since returned for 5 nights in August and 3 nights in October. We use their one bedroom suite which suits us and our 3 kids aged 6,3,1 very well. Our suite is always well appointed with towels and other necessities.

When we arrived in October our kids opened the fridge to find milk and cookies waiting for them. How cool is that, they were super excited with their finding. We have found the best rooms for view are the *03 rooms, they offer a view of the inner harbor as well as out into the lake and wolfe island.

Breakfast is simply amazing, the staff do a good job to keep everything stocked up. Can't say enough good things. Cleaning staff = amazing. They remembered us from our 1st and 2nd stay and brought the kids coloring books and crayons, left little notes and pictures for them.

His property has exemplified the meaning of customer service. There is no better place to stay while visiting Kingston. Treat yourself and stay at the best hotel in the area!

Room Tip: Any room ending in *03 so 703, 803, 903 etc.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments. We are proud of the little touches we provide, I am thrilled that your family enjoyed the little extras. It is my team which makes this the best hotel I have ever been involved with and I have been in the industry for over 30 years!
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference last week. The room was lovely. The room had a partial view of the lake but was very modern and had a full kitchenette. There were some goodies in a basket to welcome you (apple, biscotti and microwave popcorn) which was nice. The only complaint I have is that there was no tub, just a walk in shower.

The food for breakfast was just ok, so I would go out or bring your own breakfast food if it is not included in your price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a full view of the lake.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Good morning from Kingston and thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope the conference was also enjoyable. All our Studio Suites have glass walk in showers but our One Bed room and Two Bed room Suites have bath tubs, perhaps on your next trip you can let me know your requirements and I can assist you in getting a room with a tub. All our guests are invited to take advantage of our full, complimentary breakfast which features a large selection of hot and cold breakfast food items. I am sorry that you did not seem to be completley satisfied with our choice. Thank you again for such a wonderful review.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water's Edge? Share your experiences!