“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Let me start by saying that I've been using TripAdvisor for years and I'm only creating a profile now specifically to leave a review about this hotel.

The hotel was super clean which is a huge deal for me. Our room was spotless and I loved the modern decor. It was a very smart move to do the wooden floors instead of having a dingy carpet, this really added to the clean feeling. The location was great for our purpose, nice and close to the highway and not to far from our points of interest.
The staff, especially a young gentleman named Clayton, were very pleasant and helpful. I was skeptical about staying here when I booked online, but my expectations were exceeded upon arrival. We were able to check in early as our room was ready and the transaction was handled professionally and smoothly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Please, if you have dignity for yourself, pay $20 more and go to a different place. This place was very noisy. Could hear everyone talking in the hallway. Hotels was not full and asked for a good room. The staff next morning advised that the manager gave me the worst room in the hotel. Got the room for free but this does not cover the lost of sleep that night. Can't adjust the volume on TV. Desk is right by the TV (underneath). Mattress is very cheap and so are the bedsheets. Enough said.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

Excellent service. Clean room. European flavor, with no carpets in room (good for allergic people).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Edmonton, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I was on vacation in Ontario and was very worried about staying in hotels and motels because of all the bedbug warnings that were coming from eastern Canada, but this place gave us nothing to worry about. The rate was very reasonable, the room was clean and looked very nice too. It had a microwave and a fridge, which surprisingly is not standard in most motel/hotels in the same price range. I was in eastern Canada for three weeks and stayed in 9 or 10 different hotel/motels, very few of them measured up to the standard of this place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I drove across the USA in 2004 with my 16 year old son and stayed at many Motels 6's on the way. They are much cheaper in the USA.

Soundproofing isn't great but when I called the desk to say that the next door TV was disturbing us they made a call and the TV volume was reduced so that we couldn't hear it.

Comfortable - squeaky clean - IKEA style with clean lines - fast internet and great bathroom.

Good value in this university town where a very ordinary room is 50 to 100% more expensive.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Windsor,Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, but if you are like me and it has to be clean, look no further. This was one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed at. It's a new basic concept which I like>>> no carpeting, so no bugs to linger in. This is a new place, just off the 401 and easy to get to with plenty of parking. The staff were friendly and helpful. It's not a place if you want somewhere close by to walk to and take in the sites around the hotel, as there are no sites around it. There is only an A&W and a convenience store that you can walk to. But it's only 5 minutes to the major shopping mall by car. It's about 20 minutes to downtown from here, but if you want a place to stay in the downtown, you will have to pay much more money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Stayed here for one night. It was the Canada Day long weekend, and the prices of hotels in and around Kingston were at a premium. But $125 for this place? Seemed a bit steep for me. The most basic of accomodations that you can find. Somewhat comfortable, but the room was a bit beat up; stains on the comforter, scrubs and marks on the walls. This place has been open for no more than a year, so i'm surprised that the room would be in that kind of condition. Could not complain about the location; quiet court with easy access to the 401. Maybe I would have a different opinion if my stay would be any other time of the year and not a long weekend, but I could see my money being spent elsewhere...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Motel6kingston, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 5712 Kingston. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Lorne Hansen
Motel 6 Kingston

Been to Motel 6 Kingston? Share your experiences!