“Great stay, I would come back” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Kingston
“Great stay, I would come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The hotel decor is new and nice. Cleanliness was great. Staff was friendly and the rates were comparable to other hotels in that area. Used the pool which was fine. The hotel has connections by the desk (HDMI, S, etc) which I am assuming you could hook up your computer or another device and play your entertainment off the TV. I couldn't test this out as I didn't bring any cables with me. Also the wifi speeds seemed really good. I usually stay at the downtown Holiday Inn but I may start staying at this location instead as it is cheaper.

Room Tip: Stay on the south side if you want a city view vs the highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for the great comments, we hope you do consider making us your hotel of choice while in Kingston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Usually I would avoid holiday inn express but we only needed to stop one night to break up our trip from Montreal to Toronto for our 11 week old baby. We were very pleasantly surprised though. This was a lovely hotel in a convenient location. The breakfast was great too!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for the review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and found the breakfast enjoyable and our location so convenient.
Sarnia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We've stayed at this location once before. This is a nice, new, clean hotel but.......

We arrived late to the hotel after a long drive, got in just before 2am as a stopover on the beginning of our 2 week family holiday. Anxious to get to bed, we left our bikes locked to bikerack on back of our van. Parking lot is behind hotel.
Somewhere between 2-8am - someone had taken boltcutters, cut lock, and stolen my son's bike off of the back. He's 13, and it was a birthday present. Luckily they left the other 2 bikes. Seems to me that the parking lot was definitely being targeted, they knew what they looking for, and came prepared.
I told the front desk clerk about situation as soon as discovered - she was quick to point out that they weren't responsible. I was very surprised that a rear parking lot had no video cameras or other security. Other than that, hotel staff didn't seem interested in getting any other details from me or in making any kind of report. Not holding my breath that they will do anything to improve their security.
I'm a member of their Priority Club - and next day I got an email asking me to make a review of my stay. Umm, ok - I put in the details just as I have done here, their response was that they were glad I enjoyed my stay other than the bike incident and invited me to fill out a report with the Kingston Police. Wow, what compassion and customer service. I was going to let it go, but their response seemed so canned and uncaring that I figured I should write my review here as well.
Yup, clean and nice - but they don't seem too interested in the security of their guests and their property. Guess I'll have to find another stopover hotel when passing through Kingston. Adding a $500 bike to the $129 I paid for the room gets a little pricey!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry for what happened to your bicycle while you were staying with us. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please contact Brian Kish the General Manager at the hotel directly 613-546-3662 ext 151
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Was too tired to make it to Toronto so stayed in Kingston last minute we got the last room which was on the first floor and it was clean large great bathroom close to front desk close to highway food and shopping staff was very accommodating great stay

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, I am glad we still had a room left for a tired travel in need.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We recently stayed overnight on the way from Niagara to Montreal and I couldn't fault this hotel. Large airy rooms with fridge and microwave etc (not that we used them). The bed was large and very comfortable, and the breakfast was fine, good pancakes! The staff at breakfast were great, busy, but still able to have a bit of friendly banter and made us feel welcome. The staff on reception were also very nice to us, friendly and informative. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I am glad we were able to make your stay so enjoyable.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We came for the soccer tournament and enjoyed the stay. Clean hotel, comfortable beds.
Front deak staff not very friendly or wow service. But it's a great place to stay. We love to come back.
Thanks for the clean room!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, we are glad you found our location convenient and the rooms clean and comfortable.
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our second stay at the hotel. We couldn't find any fault whatsoever and in fact, we have just booked for a third visit in August. It had everything we needed - large room, microwave, fridge and many more amenities. Loved the pillow selection and the beds were extremely clean & comfortable. The staff were wonderful. Every staff member we encountered greeted us pleasantly and always with a smile. Staff seem very happy which speaks volumes to us particularly when they are in the service industry constantly dealing with complaints and sometimes not so very nice guests. Loved the location - Shoppers Drug Mart, Dominoes pizza, Dollar Store and many other stores across the area. We were able to pickup some groceries at Shoppers (nice selection) without having to drive around town looking for a grocery store. Very nice that it's right off the 401 and easy access to the hotel. Downtown is a short 5 minute drive. Swimming pool was great and the hot tub, hot! Nothing more we could have asked for at this hotel. Very pleasant experience. Pat & Diane North Bay Ontario.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review, we will look forward to having you stay with us again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston? Share your experiences!