“Thieves in Parking Lot - Hotel Doesn't Seem to Care” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Sarnia, Canada
“Thieves in Parking Lot - Hotel Doesn't Seem to Care”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We've stayed at this location once before. This is a nice, new, clean hotel but.......

We arrived late to the hotel after a long drive, got in just before 2am as a stopover on the beginning of our 2 week family holiday. Anxious to get to bed, we left our bikes locked to bikerack on back of our van. Parking lot is behind hotel.
Somewhere between 2-8am - someone had taken boltcutters, cut lock, and stolen my son's bike off of the back. He's 13, and it was a birthday present. Luckily they left the other 2 bikes. Seems to me that the parking lot was definitely being targeted, they knew what they looking for, and came prepared.
I told the front desk clerk about situation as soon as discovered - she was quick to point out that they weren't responsible. I was very surprised that a rear parking lot had no video cameras or other security. Other than that, hotel staff didn't seem interested in getting any other details from me or in making any kind of report. Not holding my breath that they will do anything to improve their security.
I'm a member of their Priority Club - and next day I got an email asking me to make a review of my stay. Umm, ok - I put in the details just as I have done here, their response was that they were glad I enjoyed my stay other than the bike incident and invited me to fill out a report with the Kingston Police. Wow, what compassion and customer service. I was going to let it go, but their response seemed so canned and uncaring that I figured I should write my review here as well.
Yup, clean and nice - but they don't seem too interested in the security of their guests and their property. Guess I'll have to find another stopover hotel when passing through Kingston. Adding a $500 bike to the $129 I paid for the room gets a little pricey!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry for what happened to your bicycle while you were staying with us. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please contact Brian Kish the General Manager at the hotel directly 613-546-3662 ext 151

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Was too tired to make it to Toronto so stayed in Kingston last minute we got the last room which was on the first floor and it was clean large great bathroom close to front desk close to highway food and shopping staff was very accommodating great stay

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, I am glad we still had a room left for a tired travel in need.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We recently stayed overnight on the way from Niagara to Montreal and I couldn't fault this hotel. Large airy rooms with fridge and microwave etc (not that we used them). The bed was large and very comfortable, and the breakfast was fine, good pancakes! The staff at breakfast were great, busy, but still able to have a bit of friendly banter and made us feel welcome. The staff on reception were also very nice to us, friendly and informative. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I am glad we were able to make your stay so enjoyable.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We came for the soccer tournament and enjoyed the stay. Clean hotel, comfortable beds.
Front deak staff not very friendly or wow service. But it's a great place to stay. We love to come back.
Thanks for the clean room!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, we are glad you found our location convenient and the rooms clean and comfortable.
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our second stay at the hotel. We couldn't find any fault whatsoever and in fact, we have just booked for a third visit in August. It had everything we needed - large room, microwave, fridge and many more amenities. Loved the pillow selection and the beds were extremely clean & comfortable. The staff were wonderful. Every staff member we encountered greeted us pleasantly and always with a smile. Staff seem very happy which speaks volumes to us particularly when they are in the service industry constantly dealing with complaints and sometimes not so very nice guests. Loved the location - Shoppers Drug Mart, Dominoes pizza, Dollar Store and many other stores across the area. We were able to pickup some groceries at Shoppers (nice selection) without having to drive around town looking for a grocery store. Very nice that it's right off the 401 and easy access to the hotel. Downtown is a short 5 minute drive. Swimming pool was great and the hot tub, hot! Nothing more we could have asked for at this hotel. Very pleasant experience. Pat & Diane North Bay Ontario.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review, we will look forward to having you stay with us again.
Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My daughter, grandson and I stopped here on the way from Quebec to Niagara Falls. This is a very clean and modern hotel. The room was very large and comfortable and breakfast was just fine. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a small shopping center directly across the road with a 24 hour drug store which also carried groceries. Very handy.
Hotel was quiet even though there were several girls soccer teams staying there. (well behaved ladies).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, we are glad you and the children enjoyed your stay.
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-lac, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with the high standard of rooms here. Well equipped with fridge and microwave and a spotless bathroom. A nice indoor pool and a tasty hot and cold free breakfast. The perfect place to stop halfway between Montreal and Toronto and just off the 401 motorway.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to having you come back.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston? Share your experiences!