“Pleasant, clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Kingston
Louisville
“Pleasant, clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My daughter, grandson and I stopped here on the way from Quebec to Niagara Falls. This is a very clean and modern hotel. The room was very large and comfortable and breakfast was just fine. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a small shopping center directly across the road with a 24 hour drug store which also carried groceries. Very handy.
Hotel was quiet even though there were several girls soccer teams staying there. (well behaved ladies).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we are glad you and the children enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-lac, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with the high standard of rooms here. Well equipped with fridge and microwave and a spotless bathroom. A nice indoor pool and a tasty hot and cold free breakfast. The perfect place to stop halfway between Montreal and Toronto and just off the 401 motorway.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to having you come back.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked just one night in the hotel as an "overnighter" to cut a very long journey into two. We wish we could have stayed longer. Kingston itself is a lovely town with lots of nice restaurants and deserves more than one evening to explore it. The hotel is about 3 miles from the centre of Kingston, but if you are not a keen walker there are plenty of places to park a car. When we checked in we were met with a friendly smile by the very helpful receptionist. The reception / foyer is bright and welcoming. Our room was classified as a "standard", but was spacious, well appointed and clean. Our breakfast the following morning was very good indeed with plenty of choice. We were quite late into the restaurant for breakfast and got talking to a couple on the next table. Therefore, we were the last to leave, well after the restaurant's closing time, but we were not rushed into leaving. The ladies looking after the restaurant were very friendly indeed and kept everything spotlessly clean. It's no wonder the hotel seemed to be full, it's excellent. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor at the back of the hotel. It was ideal and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you come back and stay with us longer.
Gadsden, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

a really nice place to stay.sofa bed in living area.several chairs , 2 tvs ,2 chests.nice kitchen area with large sink, cabinet space,frig, microwave.small half bath next to kitchen area. nice big bedroom. hot tub was 103 degrees. my husband got in it.indoor pool was81 degrees(still too cold to get in)breakfast the next morning had really good sausage and pancakes. and of course the famous cinnamon rolls. they were not as good as what we have in the us.

Room Tip: get a suite, there is so much more room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will look forward to having you stay with us again.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

While the Hotel was very clean and the breakfast was excellent I was disappointed with the staff's inability or desire to accommodate a request per their attached documentation provided at check in. I was given what the desk manager termed an "accessible" room which essentially was a room for a handicapped person. The room was on the first floor and again was very clean however the shower was the type that can accommodate a wheelchair. Since the Hotel stated that they will change the room in their provided documentation, I made the request to the desk manager.

I was told that my reservation requested an accessible room; I told that manager that I didn't request this type of room and would he please change it. He proceeded to get noticeably annoyed with my request as I insisted that he change my room; he looked in the computer then told me that their were no other rooms available. Since I made my reservation through Travelocity he couldn't do anything for me; that this was my problem. If I wanted to change the room I would need to contact Travelocity directly. I was really surprised by this behavior.

Holiday Inn in Kingston should ensure that they instruct their staff to read and understand the documentation that they provide to guests concerning "accessible" rooms upon check in. If Holiday Inn states that they will change the room per the guests request, then they need to honor their statements regardless of how the original reservation was made.

I won't stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We do try and accommodate request the best that we can, sometimes we do not have the ability to change rooms because we are sold out with confirmed reservations for specific room types. Quite often with the 3rd party websites they only book a room but no specific bedding configuration designated. This simplifies things in their system. It is always best to book directly with the hotel or on the Holiday Inn specific website www.ihg.com our site allows more flexibility and you can pick specific room categories. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused but trust you can appreciate that we cannot simply disregard someone else's confirmed room. If you have any other questions or would like to discuss the matter please contact me Brian Kish, General Manager directly 613-546-3662 ext 151
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The reason we travel to Kingston so frequently is to visit our daughter at University..(we are typically there once a month.) This hotel is very nice...there is no doubt about it that I prefer to stay here...the staff are pleasant, the rooms are very nice and clean and even the morning breakfast is good. However, this being said, the price has continued to climb over the past couple of years and it's getting out of reach for parents that are already paying a lot of money for a child's education. Kingston is full of students and you would think all the properties would love to have their parents frequent their properties, but when I called and asked for a discount for a regular customer (and at the time, a Platinum Holiday Inn Card holder), I was told "no" that they don't offer such deals. It's unfortunate, but I am seeking out other less-expensive options.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us again.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Kingston Holiday Inn Express after an accident caused significant delays on route to Toronto. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful while providing us with last minute accommodations for the evening. The studio suite we received was very clean and comfortable. We did however wish the curtains could be drawn fully as we were facing a plaza with bright lights. Despite that minor issue we had a wonderful stay and were pleasantly surprised with the variety of items available for breakfast the following morning. All though we don't frequent the Kingston area often we would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and would choose us again. I would also like to assure you that you can close the set of drapes behind the sheers fully as they are the black outs, the decorative top drape cannot be closed.We will look forward to welcoming you back as we are sure you will once again find the stay enjoyable.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston? Share your experiences!