“Best kept secret in Kanata” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 140 Restaurants in Kanata
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Kingston, Canada
“Best kept secret in Kanata”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

While selection at their Lunch buffet isn't substantial the food has remained consistently delicious for over 20 years! Ownership has never changed which may explain. An absolute "must try" for those that haven't. Yes the décor is dark; however, the food more than makes up for it!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Cannot believe this place is still in business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is dated and dimly lit.

The food quality benefits from the facility being dimly lite. Most of the items were swimming in sauces that were there only to make the items swim as the sauce added no flavor.

The weekday buffet is busy with increased volumes on Thursday and Fridays.

The general Tao chicken has some distinct flavor and texture, I will leave it at that.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kanata, Canada
“Waited 40 minutes for order to be ready”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Typical Canadianized Chinese food. But, we had a pretty bad pickup experience. We phoned in an order for 6-7 dishes ($60) on New Year's day, and they told us it would be ready in an hour. I arrived right on the hour mark to pick the order up. They asked me to pay, and then I waited in their lobby for another 40 minutes for the order. I think they started preparing my order after I arrived. After 25 minutes, I asked how much longer. I was told they were packing it now. It took another 15 minutes to "pack". Not too considerate - they should have known when I ordered that they were running way behind and provided a better ETA. And I had to reheat some of the dishes when I got it home. Watch out with their takeout option.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ottawa
“Best chinese in Ottawa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Best chinese in Ottawa. Yes the restaurant decor is outdated but the food is always fresh and has been our "go to Chinese" for over twenty years! Buffet options are somewhat limited if selection is what you are looking for...however we always order off of the menu. Great quality ingredients and we have never been disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Love the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Whether eatting in or taking it home the food is fresh and tasty. The buffet not so much as it lacks variety compared to others but for a group or family get together. excellent.