“Bierhaus first visit” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 140 Restaurants in Kanata
Cuisines: German, European, Gastropub, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: European-themed Bierhaus, Restaurant & Sports Hall with fine food and great European beer. Amazing TV's to catch all European & North American Sports.
Arnprior, Canada
“Bierhaus first visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Heard about this new place, met friends for a sampling. Extensive beer selection, server was able to suggest based on the few he knew, recommendations were good. The menu seems overpriced. The sausage feature was fair value at $12. The warm potato salad was good, sauerkraut fine. Lose the air bun, or get a better one. Game sausage (2) were good, the other plates came with just 1 sausage.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alex Z, General Manager at Central Bierhaus, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Dkchef,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We value and discuss all guest feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed the sausages, warm potato salad, sauerkraut and of course the beer. Some sausage plates are served with two sausages based on their weight.
Our staff have also made vast improvements in their beer knowledge and suggestions, in this, our first three weeks of operations.

Although your comments were positive, I am disappointed that we only earned three stars.

I would be very happy if you would email me a short note to tell me what we could have done to earn a five star rating from you.

Alex Zaslavsky

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Awesome new Bierhaus in Kanata doesn't disappoint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

A great new restaurant and European Buerhaus in Kanata. The service is friendly, the decor is beautiful and the food is fantastic. I also have to mention the 100+ beers on their menu.

We have been here 3 times since it's opening (just 2 weeks ago) and have loved it each time. We have tried dinner, lunch, drinks and dessert. So good!

The schnitzel is awesome and the sausages are super tasty. I also enjoyed the charcuterie board, but a must try is their oysters! Fresh from Nova Scotia. Their house white wine is super tasty and my husband loves the dark beers available.

I enjoyed the apple crumble and the chocolate mousse. Mmmmm!

Go and try it for yourself. You will definitely enjoy it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Barrhaven
“Not authentic European food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Came on a Thursday, not busy (couple tables). They rave about the variety of beers on tap. Newly opened were out of my favorite beer. The pretzel was average, oysters were highway robbery priced, my friend ordered the schnitzel $23-$26 plate and it was disgusting. If any kitchen staff has been to Germany they should be ashamed of the food they send out. And if they haven't, they shouldn't be cooking European food !!!!
Won't be back

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear Desr79,

Thank you for taking the time to create an account and review us on Tripadvisor.
We value all feedback which we generate from Tripadvisor and its members.

I apologize for being out of your favourite beer during your first visit. Being newl,y opened as you mentioned, parts of our hundred-beer lineup have not arrived yet. In truth, even after three weeks, I am still waiting for a crate of some of the most unique Belgian Trappist and Abbey beers to arrive from Belgium, like Maredsous, Corsendonk and St. Bernardus. Due to the importing nature of most of our products, it is possible that at times we may be out of certain beer for short periods.

I am also disappointed you were not satisfied with our oyster price. We have selected our oyster lineup to be as high quality as possible and have carefully matched our prices to some of the great oyster restaurants in Ottawa.

I am also disappointed you didn't like the schnitzel. I am curious about the reaction of my team when you informed your server about the dissatisfaction of this product. Did a manger visit the table?

Finally, we are positioned as a Bavarian-inspired Bierhaus, rather than a German restaurant. This is why not all of our dishes are of German-inspired origin.

I do hope you will decide to visit us in the future. Please continue to inform your server or manager about any feedback you may have so that we can always rectify it on the spot and improve your experience.

Alex Zaslavsky
Ottawa, Canada
“Favourite place, not-so favourite price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Love Central Bierhaus! I've been there every weekend since they opened, but I find the food menu to be very minimal (expected at a pub), and the prices to be above average.

Love the decor - looks very German with the industrial styling!

Staff are very friendly and helpful, as well as quick to bring you beers.

Beer selection is fantastic (please add bitburger on tap!)

Overall it's a fantastic place and I plan to return as much as I can! Pricey menu, but the beers are priced very well with a wide selection of quality beers to choose from from all over Europe.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Always fun to be the first bunch to try new place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Visited opening week for trial dinner. Was fantastic party of three loved the oysters, server recommend a flavor beer was delish. hubby loved the burger, I had the fish with riscotto was amazing and sis had the veal everything that was recommended was perfect. Great service and nice atmosphere will be back. If you are a sports nut this is the place to go to watch your game ALOT of world beers and too many to count on tap beer. Servings are big both food and beer. Thanks for a great time

• 4 of 5 stars Food