“Food is good. Bad delivery experience.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 131 restaurants in Kanata
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Ottawa, Canada
“Food is good. Bad delivery experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I would "eat-in" here but I would NOT order take out or delivery. We ordered from Noodle House a couple weeks ago when I saw they had a website that offered delivery! The website and ordering process was great. Unfortunately the food arrived in poor condition - the pho broth was packaged when it was so hot that it melted the styrofoam take-out containers (either that or it was microwaved in that styrofoam). I didn't think it was a good idea to feed my children soup that had melted styrofoam mixed in the broth - so we just ate the noodles and meat. That was a let down.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Ottawa, Canada
“Great prices, great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had lunch here, my husband ordered a big bowl of soup! It was huge, next time he will order a medium bowl. I ordered pork spring rolls and Tom Kha Gai Soup - Thai Coconut Soup. It was so good! I wish it came in a bigger size. I have to admit, I don't know anything about Vietnamese food but I really want to try some new dishes. They served us a pot of tea when we sat down. It wasn't busy when we went. We will be back. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are great.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“This is an excellent Vietnamese restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I ate here for the first time last night. The food was great and the bill was more than fair. The owner name was Ha. He was very friendly. I am looking forward to eating here again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kanata, Canada
“A worthy replacement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was sad to see Phenom Phen go but the Kanata Noodle House is actually better. Sometimes they forget to give you a fortune cookie and sometimes they'll forget you asked for mild spice but all in all it's excellent. The portions will leave you with leftovers for lunch the next day. They kept the artwork that was up during the Phenom Phen days. Beautiful original paintings of Cambodia.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Tasty & Reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent Pad Thai that came in a huge plate. The Vietnamese rice noodles with BBQ chicken was aromatic & fresh with a nice burst of flavors. The Pho has a nice mellow broth with a generous portions of meat, veggies & noodles. Great family restaurant with good service, nice décor & clean. The menu is extensive & reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2012