“This place is HORRIBLE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #80 of 137 Restaurants in Kanata
Cuisines: Brazilian
Ottawa, Canada
“This place is HORRIBLE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been to this restaurant in the past and it was horrible. Not only was the food cold and bland when it arrived at the table, the service was some of the worst I have ever had. Our wine glasses sat empty for 40mins.(yes, That's how long it was that no one came by the our table) It wasn't even busy. When we did manage to waive a server down, she actually rolled her eyes at us as she walked to our table.
We ended up getting charged more than the wine we selected was. When we pointed this out, we were told that is what we were being charged and that was it. Very expenisive place. Not worth the money at all.
Also, the washrooms were very dirty. Very disappointed over all. We will never return again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“50/50 My Steak horrible but All you can eat good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went here with my hubby.

He ordered the all 4 meat special for $19.99. I don't eat as much as him so all you can eat is a wasted meal on me. I thought I would order a steak as its still a steakhouse..

First our drinks, we ordered iced tea, they were out. Then we ordered gingerale and the machine wasn't working. We had water.

I ordered a $22.00 medium rare 10oz Sirloin with a baked potao and a side salad.

What I got was an overcooked/ burnt maybe 8oz at most, very dry steak and an undercooked baked potato. My salad was spring mix with 1 very thin slice of tomato. That was it. HORRIBLE

My steak was SOO dry I had to use my Sour cream on my steak just to get it down. Yes I could have complained but my hubby was SO happy with his all you can eat meat meal including all the potato and rice you can eat. We had a movie to get to so took our dessert to go.

We ordered a no flour cake... which was falling apart couldn't eat it so she added the sponge cake. Waitress was good ambiance is GREAT. If you order the all meat its good.

I won't return there, I won't recommend this place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Food- Worth Trying!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I ate here recently using the Groupon deal...It was my first time at the restuarant and was drawn in by the deal.

For the Groupon deal, you are given a special menu fowith choices for appetizer, salad, main course and dessert. The meal was for 4 people and also came with soup and 2 bottles of wine.

The food was good. We tried each of the appetizer and they were good. For amins, three of us had the rib eye steak and one had pork. The steaks were good- 2 of them were thin and one was quite a bit thicker. They were all cooked properly, though one of us had ot wait longer as apparently the first steak was over cooked so they did another. The 'fires' that came with the steak were more like home fires you would get at breakfast- they were good, but an unusual dinner choice,

We did look at the regular menu and it looks pretty good...there is alot of focus on meats ("Carnes") due to the South American influence of the the woner, who is Columbian.

The decor is nice, though I get the impression the resaurant is struggling a bit- not sure if it is the location or the name - CCJs- I think the name could be more exotic to reflect the south american charm...

Also, the website seems to have been down for close to a month (at least)...they should get that fixed.

Give this restaurant a try- you may enjoy it as we did.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Intimate setting, great food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I received the Groupon for the fixed menu and my wife and I decided to go in February. What a great find! The location used to be the old Local Heros I believe but they did a great job with tearing it all out and re-decorating. It felt like fancy restaurant downtown yet tucked away in the west end.

We each had the steak and the Argentinan wine they suggested was fantastic! All of the food coming out of the kitchen looked great and I think that they even had the option of meat on swords...or a platter of different meats, I cant remember.

Highly recommended and I really hope this place sticks around for a while.!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kanata, Canada
“Unique experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The special BBQ menu was great. Various bbq meats sliced at your table. The appetizer recommended by waitress was excellent. We were pleasantly surprised by the whole experience as the name of the restaurant isn't that appealing.

Visited February 2012