“Wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 9 Attractions in Kanata
More attraction details
Owner description: The SPA Day Retreat in Ottawa, ON. offers premier Aesthetics, Hair and RMT services, with numerous lounge areas, outdoor patios and complimentary beverages. Well suited to accommodate group bookings, with an expansive capacity to attract the corporate market for day retreats, and teambuilding events accompanied along with beauty, tranquility and blissful ambience. We specialize in catering to bridal parties to help create a very special day. Delectable in-house catering is available to complete your SPA experience.
Dieppe, Canada
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I called at the last minute to combine a body scrub and a 45 minute relaxing massage. I had Lindsey and she was very sweet, professional and did a fantastic job. The place is calm and relaxing, they offer you something to drink. You fell welcome. The treatments were excellents. The only cons that I could says were that they should hire more certified massotherapist for insurances, it is very very hard to find in Ottawa and I find it very sad. (I am from New Brunswick and I never had any problem with that!). The other thing is, as I was the last customer of the night, one of the cashier litterally said out loud, I can't wait to get out of here. So rushed out the door. Not so good for a relaxing place, at least wait that I am outside! But otherwise, it was wonderful. I would recommended it. And the prices are very good too!!!!

Visited November 2012
TanyaFarl, General Manager at The Spa Day Retreat, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your review of The SPA Day Retreat! We take great pride in our services (and Lindsey is a gem!). I’m so happy that you felt welcome and as well that we could accommodate you last minute. Our RMT dept. is in high demand as clients often work with their therapist on muscular issues, and we do recommend booking as much in advance as possible to accommodate your schedule (especially if weekends or evenings are required). On behalf of our Front Desk Customer Service team, we do apologize for any casual conversation that may have been overheard by a member of our staff, as it is not our intention to rush anyone out the door at any time. Thank you for your feedback and review and we look forward to your next visit!

Ottawa, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Great massage - Thai Stem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was given a voucher for my birthday last year which made use of and although I was imagining the "Lomi Lomi" massage that I had experienced years ago which literally healed me. This was a different style of massage and it was pretty good.

I kept the stems since it acts as a nice air freshener. I may even use it to get the kinks out of my neck ...the steamed heat works wonders.

Visited August 2012
Thank You for your review! Our Hot Thai Stem Massage is a unique specialty service that only a handful of our Aestheticians are certified for. Its combination of rolling steamed herbal packs, muscle manipulation and Swedish massage movements are absolutely heavenly and the imported Thai herb aromas are divine. I’m glad you enjoyed your treatment and we hope to see you again soon at The SPA Day Retreat!
Ottawa, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“A beautiful place and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had been to the regular Spa location many times as I live fairly close to it, but had never been to the Day Retreat until recently, when the regular location was booked up. My first reaction was, "Gosh, how beautiful!" It is extremely visually appealing, inside and out, which is how I feel a spa should be (and how a lot of so-called "spas" in Ottawa are not). The staff were excellent and so was my massage. I had a great time here and will certainly consider making the longer trek to Kanata once in a while for services here!

Visited September 2012
TanyaFarl, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Day Retreat, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review The SPA Day Retreat! As a regular client of our sister location, The SPA in Bells Corners we’re so happy you’ve now gotten the chance to visit us in Kanata as well. Thanks for the kind mention of our friendly staff and your excellent massage! We hope to see you again soon.
Almonte, Canada
“Beautiful Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I go to this spa often. A friend and I go every 2 to 3 months. We tried many places before we both decided that this is by far the best in the area. They have the most amazing facials. Gorgeous outdoor sitting area that doesn't seem to be used often so fairly private and always quite. After treatments, there's a large sitting room on the upper floor where you can relax with snacks you bring yourself including wine or those provided by the spa for a fee. This is a really great place for a relaxing afternoon. Prices are very comparable to other quality spas in the area.

Visited August 2012
TanyaFarl, General Manager at The Spa Day Retreat, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for your review. We are thrilled to hear you regularly experience our “amazing” facials! We take great pride in utilizing the best skincare lines available and our staff attends advanced training quarterly to stay on top of their techniques. May I also suggest you try our award winning pedicures? (your nails can even dry during your facial) Of course sitting back in one of our many lounges isn’t a bad way to spend some R&R time either. We look forward to your next visit!
Ottawa
3 attraction reviews
“Best spa service in Ottawa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Spa is known for the wonderful employees who make you feel as if you are their only client. The welcoming staff again make your visist special. The building itself is simply lovely as are the waiting rooms. They carry an excellent line of natural skin care.

Visited September 2012
Thanks for your review! We are humbled to hear you enjoy the “welcoming feeling” we offer our guests during your time at The SPA Day Retreat as well appreciate the mention of our great staff. Be well...until next time Lucinda12!