“Blah” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Camden, SC
“Blah”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been in Kanata for a couple of months. I walk past O'Connors almost everyday. At first, the place was always busy, and a fun place to stop for a beer. However, over the past couple of months, I am becoming less and less impressed with the place. Tonight, on my way back to the hotel, I heard the sounds of the Ottawa Senators - Montreal Canadiens wafting from inside the restaurant. So I stopped in for a drink and to watch the game. I parked myself at the bar right under the TV. I ordered my beer and struck up a conversation with the bartender. We chatted about the game and hockey in general. During the half-time, the bartender muted the TV, and turned up the music. No problem. HOWEVER, when the game resumed, the bartender did NOT un-muted the TV UNTIL another patron, who appeared to be a friend of the bartender, appeared. Nevermind I was still glued to the TV despite no sound. Is it so rare that a female from the Southern US to want to watch an NHL preseason game?!? And don't even get me started on the bland, stale nacho chips....this may have been my last trip to O'Connors.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Before Movie treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

An idial place to stop for a beer and a meal before going to see the movie next door. The Staff is always extremely friendly. Large portions of food very reasonalby priced.

Chesterville, Ontario, Canada
“Friendly service, ordinary offerings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We popped into this pub for a quick dinner. The décor is pleasant and airy, and the staff is attentive. We were there for an early supper, so the restaurant had few patrons, but we were attended to immediately and our food came quickly. I did find the menu to be limited and unimaginative. I had the house hamburger for lack of finding anything else on the menu. It was ordinary, as was the chicken wrap hubby ordered. Plenty of choices for sides, the beer selection is decent though again somewhat run-of-the-mill. This "pub" is ok for a quick dinner with the family, but I certainly wouldn't drive out of the way to eat there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Sound as an Irish Pound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The fish and chips are plentiful and very delicious!! Quite the extensive bar selection and the inside is huge!!! Well done all the way around

Camden, SC
“Corner Bar Feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This pub has the feel of a locally-owned corner bar. They offer standard Irish fare such as fish and chips, but other food as well. They also offer a steeply discounted price for a movie ticket (theater is next door). They have an outdoor seating area, which is an excellent way to take advantage of Canada's summer weather.