“Great Place for Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Place for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife & I went for lunch today. She had grilled chicken with greek salad & I had chicken souvalki with greek salad. Our meal also came with toasted garlic bread. My order had a few problems but were easy & quickly rectified. The new owner Peter & his beautiful daughter were serving & they were absolutely great hosts! The food in the end was very good & plentiful! Years past, been for suppers & found it quite dark in there but lunch offers natural light, brightness & a great atmosphere for lunch. Prices were on par with other good eating establishments but you get the extra benefit of personal care by Peter & his daughter! Recommend you try it!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Burlington, Canada
“Canada Day Celebration.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We love this restaurant, we visit often, the ambiance and charm of the place is matched by impeccable wait service and a feeling of welcome as soon as you enter the restaurant. The table service for salads and peppercorn steak is both entertaining and an opportunity to chat with the waiter, the food is excellent, the wine list is good and the choice of desserts is amazing...we will return again. Yes, the price is a little high but well worth it, we had an amazing evening last night and so enjoyed the treat when leaving...Winter time is also charming with a fireplace to keep you warm, its romantic at any time and the décor is just what we like...

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Canada
“Crap food and hovering service with to many visits to the table - I'm not looking for a date”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

First visit wasn't sure but after second visit now I'm just pissed. Too much staff with no experience and lack of direction. Ordered surf/ turf 70.00 for below standard steak and over cooked lobster. They do make an excellent Caesar salad but not good enough for me to ever go back. Our bill was over 260 not counting tip was mildly upset last night but the more I think about it the madder I get

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
STONEY CREEK
“VERY SAD AFTER OWNERSHIP CHANGE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We would go here once in a while as the food was always reliable (not cheap) and the service was iffy, depending on the waiter. Last night we had a reservation and arrived promptly at 6:50 on the Friday before Mother's Day. We sat down and the complimentary pickles, olives, feta cheese and garlic bread arrived. The very "nervous" waiter asked us if we wanted a wine list and we said yes. He brought the menus but no wine list. We had to wave him down for it. He brought the wine and told us of some of the specials, while interrupting us as we asked questions. We wanted to sub the Greek salad for two included soups. This was not permitted. The asparagus soup of the day tasted like dishwater with a hint of asparagus. We sent it back and they subbed the Greek salad gratis (shared by two). The dressing, while mostly non-existant, was horrible and we asked for more. It was a greasy olive oil with a few spices. The second order of garlic bread was barely toasted also. We ordered the top filet mignion ($36.00) and New York steaks. The filet, despite ordered medium, was raw. The New York was ok but nor thick enough for $36.00. We sent the filet back and it was returned burnt to a crisp. it was refused and returned for credit. The French fries were greasy, as if the oil was not hot enough to cook them properly. The veggies were only ok. The New York steak had a lot of fat and gristle. Even the Keg or Outback have better steaks at a more reasonable cost. The manger said that the steak should have a ring of fat on it. We told hime to go to Shakespeares in Hamilton or Zorros in Mississauga and there is no fat or gristle. It seems that the restaurant, since the change of owners has gone totally downhill. The food quality is substandard (new kitchen staff/ chef) and some of the waitstaff are rookies to a fine dining experience. If they don`t change, they will be gone shortly. Even when we complained to the manager, he was not obliging, except for removing the bad steak from the bill. We probably will not return, as there are so many better dining options out there. What a shame that a place, with such previous longevity, is now doomed to disaster.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Waterdown, Canada
“50th Birthday Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We chose this restaurant for our special occasion because we had heard it was good and the reviews seem to back that.

I ordered the seafood chowder which tasted only of red peppers. There were clams in it which appeared to be canned. No other seafood so i'm not sure why they don't call it clam chowder. There were lumps of what appeared to be unmelted flour. My husband had the french onion soup which was overly salty and the cheese wasn't melted.

For an entree, I had the prime rib which was not at all good. It had a weird flavour to it and was tough. My husband had the halibut steak which he said was very good. I wanted the baked potato which was on the menu but wasn't an option. I ordered the garlic mashed potatoes and my husband asked for the roasted potatoes. I got roasted potatoes and he got rice. I pointed out the error. I was brought the garlic mashed, he wasn't given his roasted. I had the feeling that they were expecting me to give him the roasted potatoes they had put on my plate. The broccoli on the plate was a very dark green colour and did not look at all appetizing. Neither of us touched it.

The dessert tray was inside the front door where I witnessed two people standing right next to it with the one person coughing. No way I was having dessert.

Overpriced and poor quality. We will not be returning.

• Visited April 2014