“Terrible!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hamilton, Canada
“Terrible!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went to this restaurant prior to going to Theatre Aquarius as they offer discounts before going to the Theatre. This was our first time trying this restaurant out and I will never go back there again. There were not many people at the restaurant at 6:00 p.m., however, it took 20 minutes for a waitress to come over to take our drink order and another 20 minutes to get a drink. We asked the waitress a couple of questions regarding the menu and she did not know and would have to ask someone about the food in question. We finally decided on our selection and when it came to the table it did not look very appetizing. My cooked veggies (for the amount they gave you) were cold and when I started to eat my shepherds pie it was very dry. The meat portion had no gravy or juice in it. There were no veggies in the meat mixture. It was terrible. My husband had fish and it was not cooked through. The waitress asked if we would like to order something else, but, due to timing we could not. I probably would have not ordered another entree anyway. We were not offered any compensation for the terrible food or service. It was the worst restaurant we have ever been in and would not go back. On the other hand, my brother loves the restaurant; more for the wings and beer.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Hamilton
“Great food and great beer selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

An irish pub with high end freshly made english style food. Not pub food like chicken fingers etc. Good comfort food meals with some healthy alternatives. Pair this with a great beer and you have one of the best restaurants in the core of Hamilton.

Also, surprisingly we brought our kids and were unsure if they would be welcome but the staff here made us feel at home and were great with the kids..... they even had a kids menu!

Visited October 2012
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My first pub I discovered in Hamilton. The food is fabulous and Draft the beer selection satisfies my every craving. I have met several friends in this pub and the regulars tend to be very loyal. At night when the DJ starts to set up it gets rather noisy so I time my visits for earlier in the evening than later. The upstairs has a rather mysterious feel to it and each trip to the bathroom is an adventure. I think the place is haunted with my kind of ghosts!

Visited July 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
“Great Irish Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great atmosphere, lots of different beers on tap, good food. Great party at night and it has two floors of goodness.

Visited July 2012
Erin, Canada
“What a fantastic evening!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Upon arriving at Slaine, the evening of the Springsteen concert without a reservation, the staff was amazing at accomodating us! We had a short wait at the bar, where the manager personally brought me a chair, so I wouldn't have to stand at the corner of the bar, as well as hand- delivered free appetizers. Above and beyond!! We were happy that the bar servers had gotten our drink orders quickly, a chair and food was such a bonus. When my friend arrived to join my husband and I, the host was quick to get us a table and the servers were so efficient and friendly in such a busy atmosphere. The food was fantastic..... I have raved about this great place to friends and family and will visit it again when in Hamilton!

• Visited October 2012