“pretty standard” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Colorado
“pretty standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I spent a week at this hotel, and so we got a room with a small kitchen. A week is too long to spend in these rooms, but we managed (we had no other lodging options). The hotel sits between a major street and the highway, although the noise level is fairly low, especially in the back where the rooms are much further from the highway noise. The hotel staff was nice, although they didn't know much about the area (e.g. couldn't tell me where I could rent a bike). Also, our toilet never flushed right the entire time, and, after the maintenance person was "fixing it" 3 times, we would of thought they'd have upgraded us or provided some sort of amenity or reduced rate since we were there for such a long time. The housekeeping staff was very nice (and accordingly tipped). The rooms are all the same size, so you have more space if you get the Queen plus sofa, rather than 2 Queen beds. The furnishings are "tired looking". The hotel is about the only option close to McMaster...my guess is that if other hotels were built in the area this one would step it up a bit.

Room Tip: ask for the quietest side (probably the highway side).
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at the Visitors Inn for four nights with a friend. We decided to take a trip to see Niagara Falls and it turned into a long weekend trip. The reason we chose Hamilton was because of the proximity between Toronto and Niagara Falls (about 45 minutes in either direction). The Visitors Inn was a nice hotel for the price and I saw good reviews for it. The hotel and room was clean and nicely updated. Everyone we ran into at the hotel was very nice and helpful. We were in a regular room with two double beds, exactly what we needed. The room was neat and clean, as well as a good size for two people. The bathroom was kind of small, but completely functional. There is a restaurant in the hotel, but we didn’t use it at all. There is not much to do directly around the hotel, but the downtown area is a five minute drive from the hotel. Hamilton does not have a ton of stuff to do, but it is a great location for other areas in Ontario. No complaints at all and would stay there again if I needed to be in Hamilton again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

A recent one visit to Hamilton and decided on this location over the other options in town.
Was handy to the theater we were attending and quick drive to the harborfront and a few good restaurants.
In room Fridge, coffee maker, hairdryer.
We were basement level room 04 I believe. We had a key access back door; parking right outside. A great location to get to the pool from outside without having to strut through the lobby half clad in a towel.
Helpful freindly front staff and a nice clean well kept quiet pool.
Internet was a bit sketchy; not secured.
There is a stocked fridge for use if you break the seal; I didnt so can't say whats inside: I believe wine, beer and munchies were hidden in there.
Comfy bed with big fat pillows, if you are a fan of big fat pillows.
Lobby restaurant with dinner and brekkie options as reasonable rates although we headed up the street for some eats so cant rate that either.
All in all not uber fancy but a great stay and location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The hotel is clean, people are friendly, and services are good. It's not a resort, it's not a 5*, but it's a nice place to stay near McMaster and the freeway. Indoor pool and jacuzzi looked nice, exercise room is small but reasonable for a hotel of this size.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My parnter and I were attending a wedding at McMaster University. Being originally from the Hamilton area, I know there isn't any really nice hotels in town, and wasn't sure where we would end up staying, but decided on The Visitor's Inn based on good Trip Advisor reviews. We just needed a place to crash at the end of the night, and for the most part the hotel was fine for this. My only grips are that 1) we were told the entire hotel was non-smoking, but there was a distinct cigarette smell in our room, and 2) all of the nine of the pillows on our bed were so big and firm that I had hard time getting comfortable and falling asleep, and now 2 days later, I still have a stiff neck. Otherwise, the hotel and our room was clean, and appeared to have been updated since the time some of the photos on the website were taken. The hotel staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful, the mattress and bedding was comfortable, and the size of the room was decent.

Room Tip: Most of the King rooms are on the ground floor, and have a motel-style door leading out from the roo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed there for a week, the rooms were clean, its close to friends I was visiting. The rooms were actually very big, and the beds were very comfortable. I did not eat at the restaurant although the food looked decent from what I could tell. Decent value for the money too, I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

I am staying here on buisness. The university actually recommended it and glad they did. The staff is great very friendly and always great you with a genuine smile. There need to be more inns like this and I guess I could say I travel a bit this is my 8th buisness trip this year. The salad I had at the restaurant was ok but I rarely get a great salad. Mcmasters U is within walking distance about 15 min walk, and 5 min by taxi.

Stayed April 2012

Been to Visitors Inn? Share your experiences!