“Good place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Lima, Peru
“Good place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Went to McMaster U. for a course and stayed here, good location not so far from the university or downtown. Facilities were nice and even though I had a room with a view to a busy street it was not noise at all.

Room Tip: first floor room has nice kitchennette
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newmarket, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I stayed at the Inn for 2 nights with my 2 boys. We were in Hamilton for a basketball tournament. The frontdesk was fantastic - check in/out was fast. Richard talked to my son about his tournament each time he saw him; called him by name & seemed genuinely interested in his game. The boys loved the pool & hot tub- clean, nice temperature. We spent many hours over the weekend in the water. On Saturday morning, the boys wanted a quick swim before the tournament, but the pool was being cleaned. The gentleman cleaning had the front desk call our room to let the boys know the pool was open again. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant. Overall, a great experience. Clean, friendly, great ammenities, nice restaurant. Would recommend to anyone. We will definitely be back for next year's tournament!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I disagree with any negative reviews that this hotel has received! I wonder if they were simply extreme cases because I had a wonderful stay here! I was in this hotel for 2 nights, traveling for work, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Check in was quick and the associate was friendly. I made my way up to my room which was clean and impressive. Two very comfortable double beds and what seemed to be a brand new flat screen TV. I've been on the road traveling for work for the last 3 weeks and in most of the hotels I've stayed at, the internet has either failed or has been so slow that I give up on completing any work. The Visitors Inn had a good wireless connection that was fast. I was able to communicate with my office and complete my paperwork in the evening when I returned.

My one complaint with this hotel was the fitness center which shouldn't even be called that. A better name for it would be: A closet with some working fitness equipment. It was located in the basement and consisted of a TV that would not turn on, a broken treadmill, an ancient stepmill, and a bowflex-looking contraption, and stationary bike. It got stuffy in there pretty quick.

I had a great night's sleep here. The hotel was quiet, despite its proximity to the 403 highway. I did have some problems with the toilet which had a problematic flusher. My pointer: When you flush, hold down the handle for a minute and then release.

Anyone traveling through Hamilton who is looking for a good place to stay, should choose the Visitors Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Victoria BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I'm not a huge fan of Hamilton, but have had to travel there a few times. I've stayed at the Visitors Inn a couple of times, because it is relatively close to McMaster University. It is clean, has a decent restaurant, a pool & hot tub, and particularly comfortable beds. There are also a few restaurants and a strip mall within walking distance. There is nothing outstanding about this place, but if you want to be near the university or university hospital, it's your best bet. And one of the BEST Indian restaurants I've ever eaten at is less than a five minute walk away, just across the bridge.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Kingstown, St. Vincent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My daughter lives in Hamilton now (attending school) and this hotel is very near to her apartment, and that is why I booked it. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel! My room on the non smoking floor was spotless. It had everything I needed; window that opens, a fridge, nice bathroom, clock radio, flat screen TV, hairdryer, free internet and free parking. I didn't get a chance to try out the pool but it looked very nice. The staff were helpful and went out their way to make sure my stay was a good one. When I awoke with a pounding headache one early morning, the girl from the front desk brought up Tylenol for me. I was very impressed!

I have recommended this hotel to the rest of my family for their Hamilton visits.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
UpstateNewYork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

This hotel was not even listed on TripAdvisor and I am glad I found it on the web after reading so many negitive reviews for hotels in Hamilton,Ont. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is very clean and quiet. The pool was one of the best we have ever had in a hotel. The water was crystal clear and tiles looked new. The pool bottom was smooth and easy on the feet. Whirlpool was very clean as well. Didn't try the dry sauna. The room we stayed in had double queen beds and were slightly firm but had no problems sleeping. Bathroom was clean and fixtures sparkled. Towels were slightly rough. TV was a large flat screen but was clear and looked fairly new. Room had a small refrigerator and a seperate mini-bar. Hallways were not airconditioned but were quiet. Front desk was friendly and very efficient. There is a small restaurant but we did not eat there. You are not far from downtown Hamilton activites. Took five minutes to get to downtown. You are also near McMaster University, another 5 minutes away. Would highly recommend this hotel as we felt the neighborhood was safe. Parking was free in their hotel lot.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Coimbra, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

The location is not nice: a large and busy street on one side and a road with lots of traffic on the other. It is far away from the city and from any where one can go to eat or to have a coffee (apart from the restaurant from the hotel).
It is just a motel, uncharacteristic and impersonal. The breakfast was just reasonable. The room, as well as the bathroom, was well appointed. However the room was very noisy. Although the windows have double-glass, the noise from the traffic was clearly audible. There was also noise coming from the other rooms (the walls are probably very thin).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Visitors Inn? Share your experiences!