“Great stumbled-upon burger joint” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #221 of 917 restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American
Toronto, Canada
“Great stumbled-upon burger joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed lunch here today, the owner took the time to describe where the beef came from, and how the condiments were made. Probably the most limited menu I have ever seen, ( burger/fries and rings, that's it), but the food is fantastic. Would recommend highly!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Hamilton, Canada
“One of the worst lunches I have had in quite some time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The title says it all my wife and I just had a burger. I ordered 1 6 oz burger with fries and 1 4 oz burger with onion rings. Two bottles of water. Cost $27.50 The burger tasted bland with an awful seasoning I could not put my finger on. My wife had a burger with everything on it. The "in house condiments" tasted horrible. The Fries were so badly over cooked they looked like the fries you leave in a deep fryer that never get scooped up! The onion rings were also over cooked. The coating of grease in my mouth made me want to throw up. For $27 there are much better options. I love hamburgers I eat my burgers plain with nothing on them so I get to taste things a little better then most that put on condiments. Not recommended. I would have rather have McDonald's really...

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Canada
“Melt in your mouth grass-fed beef burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've been here to eat at Randy's Hamburgers twice in the last few weeks - both times the burgers were delicious. The beef used is grass fed local beef. It practically melts in your mouth - yum! They render their own fat from the beef and use it for frying the fries and rings. The other unique thing is that their ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and relish are made in house.

It's not really what I would call "fast" food, in that each burger is made to order - things made with care TAKE TIME. Don't be in a rush if you are going here - but be prepared to be rewarded for your patience! You choose between a 2, 4 or 6oz burger. ($4.00, 6.50, 9.00) - upgrade to a combo including fries or onion rings and a pop or water for $3.50.

On my first visit, I tried the french fries. They were great, especially with the homemade ketchup. On the second visit, I chose the onion rings - buttermilk battered - made to order. They were also good, however they were a bit heavy with grease.

Great tasting food - a bit more expensive than your average burger - but well worth the expense for the quality, the source of the beef, individually prepared and great home made condiments - I'll be back soon!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dundas, Canada
“One of the best restaurants in Ontario”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Now if you see this place from the road, you might not know why I would call it one of the best restaurants in Ontario--you see, it is just a food counter with hamburgers, fries and onion rings. They have 4 stools. But the thing that makes this place special is they make almost everything from scratch. They have grass-fed beef, render their own beef tallow for frying, make their own ketchup, mustard, mayo and relish, their fries are hand-cut and their onion rings are made from scratch. I have a food allergy that necessitates me asking every restaurant about the ingredients in their food. From the very first question, I knew they were different than almost every restaurant I have eaten in this year. Most restaurants have some things that are prepared off-site. This place is extraordinary because they control every bit of their food. Their product is delicious and I am a complete convert. I routinely eat at Trip Advisor top 10 restaurants when I travel. This measures up to some of the best for what they do. Foodies will love this place like I do. People who are just looking for a great burger and fries at a fair price will enjoy themselves too. They also have corn-syrup free sodas that have the taste of a time gone by and add to the overall experience.

Take quarters for pinball if you are a pinball fan. This is not fast food and they make their burgers, fries and onion rings to order. It is worth the wait and has become a family favorite for us.

• Visited January 2013