“All the way from the UK” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ingersoll, Canada
“All the way from the UK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was taken to Claudio`s by a friend on a trip to Canada. Since that day over 2 years ago I have not found anywhere to compare. I am never disappointed with the level of service or the standard of the food. A delightful place to eat, run by amazing people. Do not miss out if your in Ontario, Its worth traveling to. I now live in Ontario, and as a treat will always go back.

• Visited November 2012

Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Simply do not find restaurants like this very often”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The food is outstanding the ambiance is comfortable elegance and the service is like a family atmosphere attentive and caring. We found this place from a group activity I attended through work and need to come back every few months for wonderful food a relaxing meal and great service!

• Visited July 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“A lot of class in Downtown Hamilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have eaten here at least a dozen times, and have rarely been disappointed.

This is a relatively small operation...Claudio as the overall Maitre D, and his wife Christina as chef. Rinaldo of LoPresti's fame works here too. One of the classiest waiters, and guys period, in Hamilton. Ask for Rinaldo to serve you.

For Italian food in Hamilton, with a touch of class, this is the place. A great menu, and a great wine list. I like the carpaccio, with a little pasta and sugo bolognesa, and a grilled veal chop with salad. Just wonderful, and I have it almost every time I go. Why quit when you have a great winner.

One problem, perhaps. For the most part it is an open dining room. For a quiet dinner, you might want to ask for the bar side if hey have a full house. Call in advance. Tell them want you want, and what you expect. THEY DELIVER.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Top notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Excellent menu and service. You won't find a better waiter than Ronaldo. One of the best high end restaurants in Hamilton. I've never been disappointed. Last time there I had fish and it was superb.

• Visited February 2013
“I expected more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I expected more out of Claudio's. The other reviews are so awesome, I'm kind of hoping I just went on an off night.

The Place was a little shabby looking for what I was expecting, we sat on the main floor and it was fairly nice. However the carpets, and bathrooms are awful. Very not what you would expect at a higher end restaurant.

Our server was a nice man but he seemed so rushed that he was barely even taking the time to take our orders. We had to stop him several times to ask for things. The worst part of it all, we ordered a bottle of wine only to find out that they didn't have it. When he came back to tell us that, I chose another bottle, and they didn't have that one either. So the I picked a different bottle. When the server came back, he brought a different bottle!!!! I might as well have just said, bring red wine of your choice.

THEN! to make matters worse, my spouse ordered veal saltimbocca and he received a totally different type of veal. It was a lemon veal.

The good thing I will say about Claudio's is that the food was in-fact tasty. Even though my spouse received the wrong veal, it was made well. I received the seafood linguine, it was very delicious, even though the noodles were not homemade.

There is a restaurant called "LaCantina" around the corner from Claudio's and I would go there over this place ANY day. It's much much much better. The only way I'll go to Claudio's again is if someone else wants to go and they really wanted us to join. Otherwise, I'll be at LaCantina.... I'm Italian and an avid restaurant goer... I know good food / good atmosphere, and Claudio's left me disappointed.

• Visited April 2013