“Very Enjoyable !” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ray Street
Transit: Located at the corner of York and Queen Street.
Description: Very interresting place for downtown Hamilton; good food, open oven cooking, good entertainment. Worth a visit if in Hamilton
Burlington, Canada
“Very Enjoyable !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We came for dinner Saturday I had the Fish and Chips and my husband had the Liver and Onions. I am not a big Liver and Onion fan but my husband said its one of the best he has ever had. My Fish and Chips were very big and tasty, I had to take the second piece home it was just to much but still very yummy for lunch the next day.

Our server was very friendly, informative, and attentive. She explained all the features and drink specials. We didn't plan on staying after dinner but after hearing her enthusiasm about the live music we ended up staying for the first set and found it very enjoyable.

Overall, it is a really nice warm place with friendly staff, and we will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hamilton, Canada
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went for dinner on a Sunday night after work and the patio was open so there were two wait staff, one for inside and one for outside. They took forever to take our order and then she forgot what I ordered and had to come back to our table to make sure. I got what was supposed to be a tall cocktail, in a very small glass. The appetizer was good - deep fried brie cheese. My husband's chicken sandwich was quite large and tasty on a potato bun but my turkey club although on some fancy cranberry bread was quite small, and not all that filling. The waitress didn't come back once during our whole meal, not even to fill my water glass. This was very disappointing.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Canada
“GREAT PLACE WILL BE BACK !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I came here with my girl friends for the Rod Stewart tribute Show. really nice atmosphere. Hats off to the Chef for a wonderful meal it was a great value for dinner and a show! The Staff was awesome. Overall a GREAT experience we will be back !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Terrible food and ear deafening music”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Two couples went here for the Friday night Rod Stewart Tribute. We reserved by buying tickets a head of time and not knowing what we were getting to eat, we were disappointed that there was a a limited set menu. We chose the salad and the roast beef, one chose the salmon. The salads were terrible!!!!!! The lettuce was wilted and the salads tasted like they had been made hours ahead of serving. The roast beef was cooked but chewy. Everyone got the same cut. NONE were hot. The salmon was okey but small portion. The desert was a joke. A half of a small banana with carmalized sugar and cheap chocolate syrup on top with a tablespoon of icecream which was totally melted when we got it. This was the worst dessert we have ever had and the "cook" should be ashamed to serve it. No coffee included. Drinks were expensive. I had a decaff. coffee made from a Tassimo machine. The music was deafening and most of the woman there were very loud and drunk. This is not a place to go for good food or a nice night out with friends. It is a loud bar with no class.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Two completely different experiences on two nights.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

So, on a weekend trip to Hamilton, we went to Stonewalls for some food and drinks post-concert and we also returned the following night to see a cover band.

The Friday night, our waitress couldn't have been more helpful, the food was good, there were a lot of vegetarian choices and I thought everything was good value for the money. The band was also very good and the experience was enjoyable. So when I rate the experience for this review, I am going to go by this experience.

The Saturday night, we sat down, waited twenty minutes, and not only did no one take our drink order, every time either of the two waitresses passed our table, they obviously looked in the opposite direction so that we couldn't catch their eye.

We ended up getting our drinks from the bar ourself, all night and when my husband politely asked one waitress whose section our table was in, she said "we don't really HAVE sections." I then told her that no one had come by to check on us all night and she said "really? oh." I said yes, we had gotten our own drinks all night. She said "ohhhh, it's like that some nights......"

No apology. No real explanation, not even one that made any sense because it really wasn't THAT crowded.

We will probably return to Stonewalls to see another cover band but honestly, management should pay attention to this sort of review. There really are a LOT of choices of places to get a drink and they should realize that it really only takes ONE experience of the type we had on our second visit to cause people to go elsewhere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere