“feces on bed linens” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 King Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N1B2, Canada (Formerly Ramada) (Downtown Hamilton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Montreal, Canada
“feces on bed linens”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Booked online and noticed I was charged for a $40 service fee(!!????). Upon check in reception staff was very rude and denied service charge even though online bill explicitly detailed fee. Underground parking was under construction, therefore had to park down the street in above ground parking in a very shady area of town with no security.

After a nice dinner on the town came back to the room and settled in for the evening. Turned down the sheets to find dried feces on the linens and blood stains on the comforter, called rude reception staff, who sympathized with the matter and advised we can either change rooms or have housekeeping change the linens. We opted to change rooms.

Heading downstairs to reception, service staff in the elevator was staring at my fiancee in a very wierd way. She had a mii fridge on a trolley and didnt offer to move to allow us entrance onto the elevator. She stated, 'look at those thin arms, woahhh, you really need to put some meat on those bones.

Overally, I recommend you sty away from this place. for $ 137/ night, I believe I was ripped off!!. Poor customer service, advertised amenities unavailable, and poor sanitation standards plague this nightmarish hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear aa_montreal,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read you received service that was less than satisfactory. I would like to address this with you further but unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at HI-GuestRelations@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Irish V
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room service was great, but the front desk lady was very rude. Was told on phone that there will be refrigerator and microwave oven in the room, but there was nothing. When we asked at the front desk for a microwave, the lady said they have only the resturant which is very very expensive one.Booked for 2 double bed room, but end up with a single bed. Bathroom is very very small, even a skinny person can hardly get in. I have lived in crowne plaza before in different location, but this is way too different from others. Overall the stay was a nightmare. Parking was across the street, which was not a safe place to park. Most of the hotel gives free breakfast, here it is not free, but very very expensive compared to what we can get down the street. All in experience at this hotel very terrible.

Room Tip: Don't book a room at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear susan k,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Palo Alto, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Booked via CrownePlaza website directly and stayed one Sunday Night with family. The hotel and street were quite deserted - just one person at check-in and she was rude and even put her feet up against the nearby wall and started scratching it. The big downside was that the Saffron restaurant was closed that day because it was Canada Day (they said) and there was no room service as well. The hotel indoor parking was closed (repairs) and we were asked to park in the nearby public lot and charged $9 + tax.

The room was clean, spacious, and recently refurbished like the rest of the hotel.Had to go one block down the street to the Jet Cafe for breakfast which was good and reasonably priced.

Not sure what to make of this altogether - I've never been in a 3 Star hotel where the restaurant and parking area were closed and there was no room service. For this reason I rate this a 2.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The Service was very friendly, my room was great I have to admit that, however I had booked rooms for my uncle and aunt and parents and cousin. We all got the club executive class. My parents room was small compared to mine and my uncle and aunts for a queen two bed executive level room was small as well. My cousin who's wedding it was and had ordered the same type of room as me was upset because his room was smaller then My uncle and aunts, my parents and mine.

I have stayed at other Crowne Plaza's before and I would say this was no way near the Crowne Plaza level I was used too. Also I did not like the face I had to park across the street. The area of this hotel is unsafe everyone from the wedding was concerned about there cars. Also don't eat at the restuarant here because it is quite expense if. Around $12 per person we went to another All you can eat breakfast place which was about $6 per person down the street and it served the same food for a cheaper price.

All in all I was disappointed with the Crowne Plaza because it doesn't live up to the Crowne Plaza reputation and quality of rooms I am used too.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Ed M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your wedding party. I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectation.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Irish V.
Stratford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

When checking in woman at front desk was very rude and showed no customer service skills. Was told on phone since parking under construction parking free. When we brought that up to front desk was snapped at saying everyone pays and was very disrespectful. Bathrooms very very small. Was woken up at 4am due to party in hallway. Stay away from this property if you want to be treated like you are guest.

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, IHG Care at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear AmyB603,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. However, please do accept our apologies for not being able to deliver superior service. We strive to provide the best possible service and experiences and and it is for this reason that your comments would certainly be looked into and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for necessary actions.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Janice A.
IHG Care
Toronto North
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Staying here was part of a famlly weekend to celebrate my husband's 60th. Birthday. It was a perfect choice. We had spent the day watching the Air Show and, after 7 hours in the sun, we were ready to stand down and cool down.
The young lady at the check-in desk, Carla, was very friendly and courteous. We had three rooms, two adjoining and one across the hall. We had been put on the executive floor and there was a lovely, comfortable lounge at the end of the hall. We were allowed to use it for our 'picnic' and we couldn't have been happier. Everything was there that we needed and then some.

Then it was time for the 'cool down' part. There are 3 pools, one is only 15" deep, perfect for the 4 year old. The second was the largest hot tub I've ever seen and the third was the regular pool . Something for everyone. There were patio sets around the deck and an outside patio as well. The workout room was right next door, divided by a glass wall. One extra attraction for us was watching some of the Canadian Snowbird Pilots working out in there.

The rooms were clean, roomy and comfortable. My only compaint would be that the air conditioner was noisy.

There is a restaurant on the main floor but we didn't use it so I can't give you a review about it.

One of the features I really liked about this hotel is that the elevators are cardkey entry. No unregistered guests touring the property and no little ones getting lost accidentaly.

The parking on the grounds was under construction but the alternate parking was just across the street.

I was very pleased with our choice to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Very nice hotel, clean, great service, amazing prices, great big pool and hot tub, their parking not that great, it was under renovation and you needed to park across the street. make sure you drop off your bags before you park the car. Also it was very hard to find the place, but well worth the find.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear mike w,

Thanks on behalf of our entire team for your kind comments! We’re looking forward to the parking construction being completed very soon, thank you for your understanding as we work to improve the hotel.

Have a great summer,

Andrew Holmes, General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton? Share your experiences!