“Great Place, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Admiral Inn Hamilton

You added Admiral Inn Hamilton to your Saves list
Admiral Inn Hamilton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   149 Dundurnstreet North, Hamilton, Ontario L8R3E7, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Hamilton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sarnia, Ontario
“Great Place, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Our business team recently stayed at this hotel while in town for the Hamilton Boat Show. What a treat to come back after the show each night and relax in the very clean rooms. John, the manager, was most accommodating when we arrived and helped us get the type of room we had requested. He reassured us about the area of town the hotel was in.

The food at the restaurant was so good and the portions so generous that we chose to eat there every night while in town.

I cannot say enough positive things about the hotel, its location and its very helpful staff. Thank you - we will definitely stay again in the future either for business or for pleasure. A special thank you to the manager, John.

Sharon McPhail, Vice-President of Boatcan

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Some friends and I, needed a place to rest our heads for the night as we we're not able to drive home, we decided to check in at the Admiral inn (Hamilton), and it was very affordable, so we were very happy about that, our room that we stayed in was very clean and that was even better so we went to sleep, it was the most comfortable sleep, we woke up feeling nice and relaxed, before we left we went to the diner that was inside the hotel and the food was great. Everything was just perfect, I would honestly say that this was one of the best stay's I've had here in Hamilton, and would recommend to anyone if they ever needed a place to stay at. The price is right the stay is comfortable, the staff is nice and they have a great little diner with amazing food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We visited this hotel for a very short period of time last year, as we had an event in Hamilton that we were to attend.
On arrival, the staff was quick and consistent, and we had our rooms in no more than 10 minutes.
The rooms were lovely, and clean!!! There was a desk, chair, T.V and a spacious bathroom.
From our experience, the sleep was great! It was quiet and calm every night.
Breakfast was absolutely amazing, and the prices were fairly reasonable for the portion sizes. They have a wide selection of dishes. Not sure about the dinner menu, as we only had breakfast at this hotel.
Can't say that there's anything bad about this hotel. It was clean, it had a friendly and hardworking staff, and the place wasn't too overpopulated, which is nice to have in a hotel. It felt like home :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Stoney creek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Admiral Inn has very friendly hardworking staff and it makes you feel comfortable when you stay here. Very clean rooms and great size as well. Also I love the restauraunt there, their food is amazing and very well priced esp. for their portionh sizes. There nothing bad I can say about this hotel, each time Iv been there Iv had nothing to complain about. The location is great too! I Rate the hotel a high 9 out of 10

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Not sure why there are negative reviews on this hotel. This is one of the nicest places I have stayed at. I was lost trying to find the hotel from the airport and the manager stayed on the phone with me for 10 minutes giving me directions. Don’t know of anyone else doing that these days. The hotel itself was nice and the price for the area was really good. The staff and location were great. The breakfast at the hotel was really good as well. When I stay in the area again I am definitely staying at the admiral again. I cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Richmond hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

The hotel itself is in good condition for the rate. I would say it is a 7/10 rooms very clean looks like the hotel has been upgraded recently and some new features have been added. Good location, the restaurant is actually pretty tasty and affordable! Other than that no complaints would definitely recommend and would stay there again!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

i've stayed here on numerous occasions over a number of years and the worst thing i've experienced is running out of coffee whitener and having to collect further supplies free of charge from reception. i've not seen bedbugs nor brought any home with me, havent been bitten, havent experienced any rude staff nor anyone trying to charge anything to my credit card that i wasnt due to pay for. The place is clean, comfortable, affordable and well located with free parking right outside. The staff are friendly and helpful and the facilities in the rooms are superb. The bar/restaurant is very good and room service is available - in fact almost everything anyone could require is provided.Like some others, I prefer wndows that open however taking everything into account I'm happy to put up with that small inconvenience - the rooms are spacious and airy and you can turn the cooler on rather than have the place over-heated. I know that sometimes things can go wrong but overall I think this is a place that tries hard to get things right and on the whole is successfull in doing so.

Room Tip: just tell the staff what you want when you check in eg a quiet room, high floor, etc