“Complete waste of $200 - would never stay here again.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Hamilton Hotel

You added Sheraton Hamilton Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   116 King Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4V3, Canada (Downtown Hamilton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Hamilton
Canada
“Complete waste of $200 - would never stay here again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

My husband, two children, and I were staying in Hamilton for one night to see an event at Copps Coliseum. e chose the Sheraton for several reasons, first being that it was close to the event center, and second being that it is the Sheraton for crying out loud - you expect a certain quality from a name that you trust.

I have read the other reviews on here and I am sorry but I just can't fathom how one could have a good stay in this hotel.

My biggest problems:

Filthy Room - Stains on carpet, hairs on bathroom sink and soap dish, no garbage bags in the container (the containers were filthy).

Staff - Lack of knowledge, help, or even caring at all made for this stay to be an unpleasant one. We asked one of the customer service girls to recommend a restaurant for families...she could clearly see my 3 year old son with me. She told me that she knew a great family restaurant and we followed her advice. The great "family" restaurant she sent us to was a bar/pub which was hardly a good choice for my children.

Location is really not that great, parking is confusing, the hotel is attached to a mall and we noticed a lot of people just "strolling" through the hotel.

My other problem was the other guests, around 10 at night a large group of drunk people carried on in the halls every half hour or so until 4am. Yelling, jumping, etc.

Then again, I am comparing this hotel to Sheraton Niagara....perhaps I set my standards too high for Hamilton?

• Liked — Location to Copps Coliseum
  • Disliked — The hotel, the staff, the room...
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
London, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

I stayed here for a 'romantic getaway' in the summer several years ago. The hotel was OK. The room was clean and typical hotel furniture, the beds were big and comfy (but squeaky), the front desk staff was nice, pool and sauna are nice and offer a cool view of the city, and the food in the restaurant was pretty good.

The only flaws I can speak of were a squeaky bed (not good for what we were doing!), our view was limited due to being right above a lower roof, and they bill for a lot of extras! Parking isn't free with your stay and there were bottles of water in the room we thought were complimentary (but turned out to be $5 each!).

The hotel is in a great location with lots of eateries, shopping, and nightlife within a short walk.

For $200 a night + parking + water I expected a lot more. The hotel is nice, but not above average in any way.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

The hotel was everything we expected - comfortable and clean for a reasonable price! (83/ night thru Hotwire - worked out to $100 CAD/night total with service chargesl). I thought this was a great value for downtown Hamilton on the weekend, especially for the Sheraton! Although it may not compare in some areas with other Sheratons, you can't beat the comfort of those Sweet Sleeper beds!
It was convenient to have a mall entrance from the hotel lobby!

There was a parking fee of $8.99/night per vehicle for parking underneath the hotel.

• Liked — Sweet Sleeper beds - very comfortable
  • Disliked — additional parking fee
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

Shabby isn't the right word, it's even worser. Old, dirty, greasy rooms.
Never experiences so bad service although I am sleeping apporx. 100 night a year in a hotel.
Ashaming for the Sheraton reputation.
Stayed 3 nights and payed CAD 219,-/night so you may expect a certain level.
Never come back here.

• Liked — They have parking space
  • Disliked — Everything except the parking space
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

This hotel is just not up to Sheraton standards. The furniture was shabby and the staff is not helpful. When I arrived I had to wait an hour for them to find me a room, and although I was sitting in the lobby, they never thought to notify me--I had to go to the desk eventually to inquire if it was ready. Once in the room, housekeeping continually tried to enter and see if the room needed cleaning. There isn't much in the immediate area either (in terms of restaurants, shopping). The pool is nice, but again not up to Sheraton standards. Cheap pool chairs, broken glass on the sundeck, etc.

For my money, I'd stay somewhere with less of a name, but better quality. This place sure didn't live up to what I expect from a Sheraton.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

In May of 2008, I was part of a wedding party that booked a stay at the Sheraton Hotel in Hamilton for the night of a wedding that took place in the city. There was nothing positive about our stay. Our entire party dealt with incompetance, ambivilence and even full out rudeness from the hotel staff at every turn. It was extremely difficult to make and confirm our reservations. Worst of all, the bride and groom's reservations for their wedding night were lost up and they arrived to be told there was no room available for them, even though the entire wedding party was booked. We were told very rudely that there was no night manager present at the hotel who could rectify this problem, and the bride was left sobbing in the lobby on her wedding night while the hotel staff told her to "call another hotel if she didn't like it". When a room mysteriously became available, the bride and groom were given a room in total disrepair that smelled like smoke. Left to take matters into our own hands, members of our party switched rooms and the couple were finally in a room at three-thirty in the morning. Needless to say the champagne and food that had been ordered for the couple's arrival months in advance was not provided. Members of the party even found mouldy dishes in the rooms and garbage in the wastepaper baskets when we arrived. I cannot say enough about the rudeness and incompetance of this hotel staff and the fact that they completely ruined what is supposed to be the most special day in a couple's life together. If travelling to Hamilton, Ontario, avoid staying at the Sheraton at all costs to save yourself the stress, irritation and pure frustration

• Liked — There is absolutely nothing good to say about this hotel
  • Disliked — The incompetant staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

Just stayed at the Hamilton Sheraton this past weekend for a ringette tournament. This Sheraton is not up to the usual Sheraton standard. The hotel interiors are outdated. My room was shabby. My room had old stained carpets, old furniture and poor overall lighting. The rate of $119 was good through a team booking, however I would not return to this hotel.

Stayed April 2008

Been to Sheraton Hamilton Hotel? Share your experiences!