“Stayed 5 days” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Hamilton

You added Comfort Inn Hamilton to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Hamilton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   183 Centennial Pkwy. N., Hamilton, Ontario L8E 1H8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Hamilton
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Stayed 5 days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Good value for your money close to all stores and eateries, close to QEW and the new Redhill express

Room Tip: ground floors are best if staying more than one night get the ground floor with Microwave and fridge...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Greater Toronto Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I'll admit that the Comfort Inn wasn't my first choice of hotels, but we were in town during the "Around the Bay 30K Run", and rooms were hard to come by. However, I'm happy to say that the Comfort Inn certainly exceeded my expectations!

The room, while dated, was clean and had a nice flat screen TV, microwave, and refrigerator. The bathroom and linens were very clean. I'd like to see them replace the carpeting, as it is obviously aging.

What's outstanding about this hotel is their staff. I'd originally booked our room online, and only smoking rooms were available. Then, a couple of days before our trip, I received a call from Kerri, offering me a non-smoking room, which I jumped at. I've never had a hotel call to offer me an upgrade in advance like this, and I appreciated it very, very much. At check-in, Kerri and her colleague (I'm sorry I didn't get her name!) were bright, friendly, and knowledgeable. They gave our young daughter her own key to the room, which she loved. Even the attendant at the continental breakfast was friendly, chatting with us, and they'd obviously gone out of their way to customize the breakfast for all the runners in town.

The only downside to this hotel for us was that it was far from downtown Hamilton, but while I was expecting traffic chaos because of the run, we were pleasantly surprised at how easily we were able to get around. Other than that, their location is great, within a 2km range we found Starbucks, Boston Pizza, East Side Mario's, malls, etc.

Thanks again, Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: A room on the main floor makes loading and unloading your car quick and easy - just open the patio d...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I'm in town for business, and wouldn't change my hotel if I was offered money to do so. The staff is extremely helpful, polite, and fast. I was initially disappointed that the property does not have a pool, but can honestly say that I could care less at this point. Michele--the ridiculously amazing associate who greeted me upon my arrival and has bent over backwards to accommodate me--is an absolute angel, and should be in a training video for how to properly execute her profession. I can't think of another time in my life that I have been so impressed with somebody's professionalism and tact. My experience has been wonderful, and I look forward to the rest of my stay. THANKS MICHELLE!

Room Tip: Try to book a ground level room with immediate access to parking--it makes the loading and unloading...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
North Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is the basic, bare-bones hotel that will want to keep you coming back. You get what you pay for and it's all good. Easy in and out and close to major highways. Standard Comfort Inn amenities including the free continental breakfast and free wi-fi. If you're looking for good value and no pretence, this is definitely the place for you. Basic, comfortable rooms at a down-to-earth, reasonable price. What more can one ask?

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Kitchener, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We were on our way to Niagara region and we stopped in Hamilton/Stoney Creek area overnight. Clean room, quick check-in and check-out services. We were near the stairs and could hear everyone come into the hotel that night.

We had a lovely bright room with 2 windows on the second floor; however, the curtains weren't wide enough to keep out the light from the blue "Comfort Inn" sign.

Free parking and continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Keep away from the stairs....and I would request a room at the back of the hotel away from the busy...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I used the entertainment book discount and got a good price for a one night stay. The hotel was clean and comfortable and had excellent cold air conditioning in the room, which was a relief since it was so hot and muggy outside. Breakfast consists of bagels, waffles, toast, hard boiled eggs, apples, muffins, cereal, milk, juice and coffee. The entire staff was friendly, especially the cleaning staff. The location is easy to get to off the QEW and about 25-30 minutes from downtown Hamilton due to traffic, but an easy ride. There are plenty of stores and restaurants nearby. No computer for guest use accept a computer that I was informed more than once could be used only for creating reviews on tripadvisor.com-weird.
Parking is tight...many guests park overlapping into another space which makes it tought to find a spot late at night when all the other guests have arrived. The hotel was loud at night, lots of "running" through the hallway and talking/screaming in the parking lot and it's possible some noise, but not all, came from the houses next door. I was not willing to get up at 3am and 4am to notify the hotel staff but my sleep was interupted and it was very difficult to sleep even on the comfortable bed. In all fairness I was asked at checkout if I was comfortable and I said yes. I was comfortable but the noise has got to be controlled somehow. I'd stay again if in the area, but there are hotels closer to downtown Hamilton too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Nothing over the top about this place. But the rooms are clean, staff efficient and friendly. Breakfast is your standard continental breakfast, with hard boiled eggs. WiFi was good and drive up parking was a plus plus. Much thanks to Carie for points card. I already got my free night!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Hamilton? Share your experiences!