“Nice little place.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel

You added Quality Hotel to your Saves list
Quality Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Goderich Road | QEW & Centennial Parkway, Hamilton, Ontario L8E 4W8, Canada (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hamilton)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Hamilton
Barrie, Canada
“Nice little place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

this hotel is on the old side, but overall it is OK. The beds are comfortable, the front desk associate was very pleasant when we checked in. The only downside to it was the breakfast, I was a bit dissapointed that there were no omelettes for breakfast considering it was a Friday. I would come back if I had to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Not the quality expected from a Holiday Inn Express. Early March visit, inside hotel temp was likely high 80's F temperature. Airconditioner was so loud it stopped me from sleeping. Nearby party started at 2 am and I could hear the people talking through the air vent across from my bed. Called front desk at 2:45am , nothing happened, and I could even hear the yelling over the AC. Called again at 3:15 and even offered them to hear it in my room. Finally subsided at 3:30 am and the next morning, the explanation was that the party was from two floors down, and only started at 3 am and they only checked out my floor and the one above and below. Find it hard that air vents skip a floor. I also find their time record keeping disappointing. Is there not a security guard that is supposed to walk the floors at least sometime within that 1.25 hour period? Food at breakfast okay but at that point I was not a poster child for "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lastnight".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Mark L,

Ferdinand G.
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

our family stayed at this hotel a few days during a very difficult time - the staff were excellent and even provided us with a better rate due to our circumstances... the hotel is quiet, comfortable and easy to locate.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night on a business trip. Normally I'm quite happy with Holiday Inn Express properties as they are usually newer properties with clean simple modern rooms. This hotel definitely looks like it was some other property and converted over to an HI Express. The rooms were quite old inside and needed a major refresh. The bedding just felt old and used. Breakfast was your typical fare from a HI Express and was good. The check-in process was fairly easy and I got a little snack pack for being a Priority Club Member. If you don't have a car there really aren't any restaurants that you can go to within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Gord_Mtl,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the room conditions. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us and hope that this occasion did not deter you from staying with us again.

Janice A
Timmins, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed one night while traveling home. Front Desk was very friendly, but the lobby and hallways were SO very hot. Uncomfortably so.

The bedroom was clean, but seemed like had been done in a rush. The blanket was not smoothed down, and all the things on the tables (guest book, remote, safety tips, etc) were not straight, just a bit crooked. I know I'm being picky, but I travel to a number of hotels a year, and it just seemed unfinished.

My room didn't have a fridge, but one was brought up. Thank you for that. However, the fridge was very loud, so I used ice instead and unplugged it. The heater was also very loud, and had a high pitch sound. I never called down because it was 4am and I was very tired. I ended up turning it on, letting it make noise until the room was very warm, turned it off for the night and just stayed in the covers.

Housekeeping knocked on my door at 10am, waking me up, but check-out wasn't until 11am, and I had a late check-out so I could sleep in.

Shower was hot, the bathroom clean, bed a bit uncomfortable, but not horrible. I would like to try the property again because of the location (it was ideal. 2 minutes from where I needed to be) but am a bit hesitant because another long drive after a sleepless night is not ideal

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Catgirl21,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to hear about the problems in your room accommodation. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the amenities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a favourite whenever we visit Hamilton. It is not centrally located which is a good thing. At the same time, it is easy to get where you're going. Staff are nice, breakfast is good and rooms fit the bill, all at a decent price. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable, beds very comfortable, property was very clean and quiet. Front desk was very responsive when I complained about a malfunctioning fridge. Breakfast was better than I expected, with adequate choices. The cookies and coffee in the lobby were very welcome.
Staff was very knowledgeable and offered good directions as well as dining recommendations.
I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Hotel? Share your experiences!