“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Hamilton

You added Days Inn Hamilton to your Saves list
Days Inn Hamilton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 Main Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 1H3, Canada (Downtown Hamilton)   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Hamilton
Gravenhurst
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here one night this winter, room was clean and quiet, staff was friendly and was impressed with the continental breakfast included with our room. Was also nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for the excellent comments. We hope to see you again. All the best.

Azim Kassam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

From out of province and in Hamilton for medical treatment fror my daughter. We cannot say enough good things about our stay!

The hotel is easy to get to, plenty of parking, in a safe area, close to the General Hospital. The hotel is clean and recently updated.

Our room had a very comfortable queen-sized bed - and this is saying something as I have chronic back troubles often requiring me to stay at higher-end hotels. We were very impressed!

The staff were all very professional, helpful and friendly. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it! Hands down this was the best Days Inn I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
It was our pleasure to look after your Daughter and yourself. We all hope and Pray that your Daughter feels better soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any help. All the best.

Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

For the price, you can do far better... The Staybridge is a much better value at only $9 more per night, based on double-occupancy with a Queen-sized bed... I don't know what the price of the Sheraton is, at King & James, but I'm certain it would be relatively comparable.
My main issue is that I required a receipt for my stay (tax purposes), and I had neglected to receive mine when I checked out (I had requested one, but apparently their printer wasn't working).
When I called a couple of days later to see if they could mail me one, they told me that it wasn't their policy, and wanted to charge my Credit Card for 61 cents for a stamp. Really???
That was absolutely insulting. I hope that I can prevent at least one or two people from staying here in the future, and show them what 61 cents can cost them in terms of lost business.
On the plus side, the rooms were quiet, and I managed to have a decent night's sleep, but their continental breakfast wasn't the best. I'd prefer in the future to take my chances on somewhere else than to revert to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room to get a good sleep, ask for the 2nd floor, and to be on an inner side...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Sorry to know your concerns. Without knowing your name and room number, it is very difficult for us to look further into your concerns. Also, I have asked all the Front desk agents, nobody remembers your concerns. By the way, postage stamps are more than .61c. Please call me to discuss further,

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I thought that the website showed a very nice Days Inn and I was a little disappointed at first when I arrived. The lot needed work and the Building seemed old. Upon entering it, however I found the staff very friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and I found the bed and pillows very comfortable. The breakfast seemed fair for what we paid for the room. The stairs were tough for walking with the suitcases (no elevator). The fitness centre did not appear inviting for me, as it was in the basement and only had 3 pieces of equipment

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Appreciate you staying at our hotel. Unfortunately there were some concerns and suggestions that you have expressed and we will look into it. Please feel free to contact me, and hope to see you again.