This is not the hotel's fault however, better arrangements could have been made for smokers. There is no smoking in the hotel or within 10 feet of the door which I totally respect. However, because of the City tearing up the parking lot, there was no where to go except the sidewalk in front of the hotel on Main street. I felt very unsafe there - once a man started talking to me who seemed drunk and another time a man was 'eyeing' me up and down and wanted to hug me. To top that off, the buses were going by at 50-60km/h and sending virtual tidal waves on the sidewalks where we were suppose to smoke. All of this was not acceptable. On Friday night, 3 drunk girls came into the hotel yelling and tipsy asking to use the bathrooms and wanting coffee. On Saturday night, an Asian teen was laying in the hallway looking very sick with 2 of his friends with him while he was checked in by a 4th Asian teen who then ran out of the hotel and jumped into a white van that sped off. What is the hotel's fault is that when housekeeping came on Saturday morning, we asked that the room not be made, all we needed were fresh towels and a coffee replenish for the next morning. When we came back later that day, the beds had been made, the garbage cans emptied and towels replenished. No coffee, no cups and we were left with a less than a third roll of toilet paper. The shower was a joke, it was pretty much like being pissed on. The television stations were great however our TV made loud speaker screeching noises every 5 minutes or so. Other than all that, our stay was OK. I must give great big kudos to Huma - what a Sweetie! Found out we could not take full size umbrellas to the Ti-Cat game and when I offered to trade my full size umbrella for a personal/purse size one from the lost and found bin she said there were not any. However, she immediately offered me her personal umbrella and insisted that I take it. That was very kind and sweet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Hamilton is a new hotel located in Downtown Hamilton. This 100% smoke-free hotel offers complimentary Continental Breakfast, Fitness Center, Free Local Calls, Free Wireless Internet and Free Parking. All rooms have Fridge, Microwave, 32in LCD TVs, Iron, Ironing Board and some rooms have Jacuzzi Tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Days Inn Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Hamilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Hamilton Hotel Hamilton
- Hamilton Days Inn
- Days Inn Hamilton Ontario