“Great place to hang out” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Ancaster
“Great place to hang out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is like hanging out in your kitchen. Baked goods are topnotch. Sandwiches are yummy. Coffee and tea lattes are great, try the Moroccan Mist.

Visited July 2012

Hamilton, Canada
“One of the two best coffee houses in Hamilton.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Dog, as it is frequently known, is in my opinion one of the two best coffee houses in Hamilton, The other is the associated cafe "Mulberry Street Cafe" on James St. in Hamilton. The Dog has a short but excellent selection of paninis and baked goods, a soup of the day, savoury muffins as well as sweet ones. I have found the staff friendly and helpful, the wifi works well, there is easy parking locally. Visited by a variety of locals, university students, retirees, joggers, moms with strollers, local workmen, etc. An excellent local hangout. (it also caters to gluten free folk)

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
dundas, on
“One of my Favourites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I am really impressed with My Dog Joe as I've received nothing but friendly, efficient service and great food. The prices are fair and the quality is good.
Fruit smoothies and savoury muffins -- Corn, sundried tomato cheese or broccoli and cheese
are at the top of my list right now. Every time I go I study the menu to see what I would like to try
next. My daughter loves their gluten free options which are delicious.
Give it a try!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamilton, Canada
“Great coffee, brutal service and rude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I came back from a run. All I wanted was to buy a pound of coffee. Arrived at 2 minutes prior to opening - lights were on, door was open, walked in and was told to go back out and wait another 2 minutes till they officially opened in a very rude and harsh tone. The owners really need to talk to the employees that a TINY bit of pleasant service goes a long way. I note that another person writing a review found that the servers were rude. The owner needs to know that the arrogance and rudeness of one female employee has led to a multiplier effect with me telling all of my friends about this type of poor service and others have shared similar experiences with me. In contrast, my buddy was in Silverstar, came back from a ski 10 minutes after closing, the owner fired up the coffee machine to make him a cup of Java - now that is service and the word spreads wide a far when folks are nice.

• Visited August 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“The best coffee shop I’ve ever had the pleasure to enter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

New to Hamilton I stumbled upon what I thought was just another coffee shop with cute signage. In hurry and just wanting to get to my next destination, I was stopped in my tracks. The atmosphere put a smile on my face; I felt an instant calming, intrigue and comfort all around. As I took it all in, the people the artwork, mismatched furniture, and the busy staff behind the counter, I decided. I will come back to this place. And that was before I was told, not only is my coffee fair trade but that the macaroon was made of sweet potatoes. What!? I am always impressed by the food; you will not believe it’s a gluten free carrot muffin. My Dog Joe is one of my favorite places and a great escape added to any day.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere