“Would definitely stay here again..” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 & Parking
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Orangeville, Canada
“Would definitely stay here again..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. Check-in was fast and efficient. Our room was super clean, although for a suite it was a little cramped. The fridge and microwave came in handy to heat up some leftovers, and the fridge was actually cold. I've been in rooms before where there's a fridge but its not cold! Don't know what that's about???? Beware of the restaurant if you are on a budget. I popped in for an appetizer and relaxed and had two glasses of wine. The bill was $50.00!!!! My server was excellent and its a lovely space, but $14.00 for a glass of wine is Downtown Toronto prices! Bring your own wine and upgrade to the suite so you get a fridge...

Overall, a really nice stay. We also checked out late and we didn't get any hassle at all!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nathan B, Front Office Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Clifford321,

Thank you very much for your guest review from your recent stay with us at Delta Guelph. We are very happy to note that you received warm, friendly and helpful service during your stay, and that you had an enjoyable experience while staying as our guest.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Warm regards

Nathan Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed just one night in early May, 2013 on business. The room I stayed in was very nicely appointed, very clean, with everything I could require. The hotel has a great little restaurant for breakfast and a bar. I used both. Right next to the University of Guelph. A confession: I was a grad student at U of G way back in early 90s and used to stumble home from the Shakespeare Arms (right next door, still, with marvelous fish and chips and beer) right through the field this hotel is now located in. The orientation of the hotel with front and back doors at corner of Gordon and Stone Roads seems to pay homage to those old 'tracks' from campus to the Shakespeare!

My sole complaint: the hallways desperately needed a vacuuming. I was on 3rd floor and the carpeted floor was covered in lint, fluff, rhinestones, etc. Not so for inside the rooms... Maybe there was a wedding party the night before?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear MHKtraveller,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay at Delta Guelph hotels and conference centre. We truly appreciate all feedback from our guests.
We are very pleased that the room and facilities met your expectations. It is also nice to see that you enjoyed a small walk down "memory lane" while staying with us!
We do apologize for any discomfort experienced as a result of the corridor carpet condition - our house keeping team works hard on a daily basis to ensure the hotel is kept clean and in presentable shape. We will be sure to follow up with our housekeeping team in regards to this instance, as it is important that we maintain a high level of hotel cleanliness at all times.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel as our guest in the near future!

Warm regards,

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night because I was attending a wedding. I wish I had the opprotunity to stay a bit longer. I recieved an upgrade (for a small fee) and it was well worth it! The King Suite was exeptional! I didn't feel cramped or boxed in like I normally feel when I stay in a hotel. The bed was better than my own! The staff at the reception desk were very helpful and friendly. My one negative would be that the walls are paper thin and I could hear the late night partiers. All around wonderful experience and I will indeed consider the Delta on my next trip.
Thanks!

Room Tip: The King Suite has a kitchenette which is helpful if you have kids with you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear FreeOpinions,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Delta Guelph hotels. We are very happy to note that you were satisfied with the room and facilities, as well as had a pleasant experience dealing with our guest service staff. In regards to the noise, we sincerely apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience that may have resulted from other surrounding guest rooms. We appreciate your sharing these comments, as we will take this into consideration for future planning. Typically we try to keep large groups (weddings, conventions, etc) in an area of the hotel separate to other guests, however this is not always an option.
Thank you, once again, for staying with Delta Hotels. We hope to have you back as our guest in the near future!

Kind regards,

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very clean, comfortable bed and bedding, staff very friendly, good value. Bathroom was split: tub and toilet in a tiny cramped space, sink and counter long and narrow but enough room. Window seal in our room needed work -- wind whistled loudly at times. Take your snacks with you -- hotel prices very high. Sorry to see the suburbs starting to charge parking fees. We paid $12 for one night parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cecilia K, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear valued guest;

Thank you for bringing the concerns with your guest room to our attention - it is unfortunate that the size of the bathrooms left a negative impression. We rely heavily on guests alerting us to unsatisfactory experiences, and we are sorry we were not able to rectify your concerns during your stay. With regards to your concern regarding our parking charge - due to the nature of our location, unauthorized parking is a serious challenge in this area. A significant amount of people leave their vehicles in parking lots to avoid parking fees at the University and the OMAFRA building across the street. As we are a business, the parking charge is something the hotel has chosen to reinforce as one of our business models - which is applied towards property maintenance & monitoring. We hope this did not hinder your overall experience at the hotel nor affect your decision to stay with us again. Thank you for choosing Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, and we look forward to your next stay.
Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed Sun - Thurs night for a business trip. I had a Delta room. It was comfortable, clean, up to date, well maintained and spacious. Front desk is over-all quite courteous, but not so efficient. I ended up with a ticket on my car saying that my plate wasn't registered with the hotel. That was not the case. I was offered a cheese plate as a welcome and it didn't come until the next day. I also asked for supplies to be brought to my room and I had to call the desk an hour later to remind them I did not get it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear SaraLouWho;

We appreciate that you took the time to provide the hotel feedback regarding your recent stay at the Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. Thank you for bringing the negative experience you experienced to our attention. Timely and honest feedback from our guests is of the utmost importance to us, as this helps us monitor and further improve our products and services to our guests. I will look into why you were issued a parking ticket, if you had registered your license plate with us. My apologies if it caused any inconvenience.

Again, we appreciate the time you took to complete our online comment card regarding your recent stay at the Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope that your negative experience does not hinder your decision to stay with us again.
Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My room was absolutely amazing. We had a suite with a little living room and the bedroom is separate. A mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc.... It was amazing. The bed was comfortable, and everything was clean. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful as well!
They tell you there is a pool but families beware its only for 16+ that was the only negative for us we are travelling with small children

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cecilia K, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Jennarocha;

We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay in one of our suites and our staff. Excellence is something we continually strive for, and is practiced daily at all our Delta properties. Please accept my apologies if the pool age restrictions caused any inconveniences to you and your family.

Thank you for choosing Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. We look forward to your next visit with us. Please don't hesitate to contact the hotel if you have any questions or concerns.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This room was absolutely amazing. There's a little living room and the bedroom is separate. A mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc.... It was amazing. We were able to have friends join us in the living room. The bed was comfortable, and everything was clean. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful as well!

Room Tip: We had room 428. ;)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cecilia K, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Ziddity;

We appreciate that you took the time to provide us your review of our Deluxe Suites. Your feedback is important to us, so that we can determine if we are meeting our guests’ expectations and needs. I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. We look forward to your next visit. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact us at the hotel!

Been to Delta Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!