Staybridge suites is a gem of a place to stay. But they CAN and MUST do better when it comes to controlling other noisy patrons. My wife is very ill and needs to lay down and sleep at hours, yet when a large group of soccer players(approx. ages 13-16) checked in, everything the Staybridge Suites claim to be went downhill. At 10 p.m., a group of six boys started bouncing around the hallways and elevators like it was Disneyland. I opened my door and nicely told them that my wife was ill and I'd appreciate it if they'd stop the noise.(yelling, swearing, kicking the elevator doors, throwing a ball around, laughing and talking very loudly) to which they thought was funny, but promised to stop. Of course they didn't and the noise went on. I'm thinking, "Where are their supervisors?" I called the front desk and the young lady immediately came up and warned them to stop and sent them to their rooms. I don't sleep well anywhere I go, so I went downstairs at 11 to walk outside and use the computers. Of course, all the elevator buttons were pushed so I had to take unnecessary trips just to get downstairs, only to find they were at large there as well and still being noisy. The next morning, I got up and went to get myself and ailing wife breakfast. The elevator buttons were all pushed again, and when I was returning to my room, I was met with the same young men that were causing the ruckus the previous evening. As they were getting on the elevator, one of the boys rudely accused me of pshing all the buttons to which I answered it was his soccer buddies. Two of them mumbled something very rude to me as they knew it was I who had complained about them the night before. When I returned downstairs, with all the elevator buttons pushed again, I took the coach aside and made him aware of the immaturity of the players and even pointed out the players who had lipped me and had been kicking doors and making noise the night before, telling him that they were a disgrace to their uniforms and should be left home next time. They didn't get too lippy after I talked to their coach. Then I went to the desk clerk to tell her what had happened that morning and was informed, "well, you know there's only so much we can do about it". True enough I guess but what about my wife and I being disturbed the night before? She lost sleep, was disturbed, and then I was treated poorly and rudely by those Staybridge guests, and only to be told, "there's only so much we can do"? BALONEY! It's Staybridge's responsibility, not to mention their own policy on customer service, that matters to me!
That's really the only problem we had in our two night stay, but according to Staybridge policy, I don't have to pay for the part of my stay which was so unsatisfactory, and I would like them to stand by their promise.
My wife and I truly like the place, and will return, yet Staybridge has to really re-visit their policy on allowing large amounts of young people and/or teams into the hotel as it's almost assured there will be unnecessary disturbances.
There was other evidence of their foolishness such as hiding the remote control in the weight room, and other immature actions.
I really hope Staybridge makes restitution for my troubles.
The staff is wonderful, the breakfast is excellent, the hotel is charming and exceptionally clean, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are perfectly equipped, the temperature control works great, etc..etc..
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Guelph Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Guelph Hotel Guelph
- Staybridge Suites Guelph Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make an Extended Stay an Extended Pleasure at Our Guelph Hotel Conveniently situated near the Guelph Airport, Guelph General Hospital and the University of Guelph, the new Staybridge Suites hotel in Guelph offers upscale accommodations near the area's top attractions and leading businesses. Guests of our pet friendly Guelph hotel enjoy dining downtown and shopping at the Stone Road Mall. Tours of the University of Guelph Arboretum, special events at the Guelph Civic Museum and traveling exhibitions at the Macdonald Stewart Art Centre can be found less than 8 km away. Business travelers appreciate our Guelph, Ontario hotel near Sleeman Brewing and Malting, Semex Alliance and Owens-Corning. A meeting room, a 24-hour business centre and high-speed Internet connectivity are available to accommodate our guests' business needs. There's even a putting green to keep your game sharp. We offer complimentary laundry facility and a selection of spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens. An indoor heated pool, a 24-hour fitness centre, a barbecue pavilion, a private home theatre and a grocery shopping service are a few of the many amenities our hotel in Guelph provides our guests. There's a free, daily breakfast buffet, and in the evenings, join us for our community-oriented Sundowner Receptions. As you plan your trip, we invite you to explore our hotel and make it a home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Guelph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.