“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chatham, Canada
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this Hotel several times and absolutely love it. Because of this Hotel I actually try to stay at other Staybridge Hotels when travelling. I have never had a problem at this Hotel and the staff has always been fantastic. The breakfast is one of the better continental breakfasts I've had while travelling. The staff makes sure all items are always available. The rooms are always clean and its always nice to have 2 separate rooms in case someone wants to hit the sack early. The kitchenette is an added bonus. I highly recommend this Hotel to all that are travelling in the Guelph area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share you experience with others. We are estatic that you have stayed with us many times and absolutly love it! The staff will be happy to see they have been treating you well, and it is comments like yours that keep them motivated and able to keep providing great service to our guests. We are glad to see you enjoy our property and what we have to offer, and appreciate the recommendations to others!

Linsey Frey - Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

First off, I'm surprised to see reviews for this hotel from 2008, as I truly thought it was much newer.

I booked this hotel online and arrived to find fresh cookies waiting for us at the front desk (ok.. not for US, for everyone, but a nice touch regardless). CHeck in was quick and pleasant, and the attendant told us about the free dinner (It was a Thursday) that was going on at the time of check in (salad, hamburgers and hotdogs night). We didn't partake in the dinner but we checked it out and it looked decent.

We went to our suite and I was pleasantly surprised. Very clean room, and even smelled freshly cleaned. VERY comfortable bed and bedding. Yes, the TV is at a weird angle, but we stuck a pillow under one corner and voila, we could watch it in bed, easy. Quiet night sleep and nice quiet AC.

The breakfast buffet was pretty decent for an inclusive breakfast; waffles, french toast, eggs (omelet), sausage, then the standard pastries, cereals, yogurts, fruit. We didn't go hungry, though my boyfriend missed his bacon. :P

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to visitors to Guelph so long as you have a car to get to it, as it's a bit further away from the mall and OVC etc. Wasn't an issue for us. Not sure if there's public transportation in the area or not.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! It is very encouraging to know our property looks a lot newer then it actually is. The arrival cookies (Mon-Thurs) are very popular with our guests and they just can not get enough, so I am glad you were able to experience the delicious welcome cookies! I see that you did not have a chance to partake in our Social Evening reception, so hopefully you have that opportunity on your next visit. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your suite and amenities, and that the breakfast buffet met your expectations. To answer the question about local transit, yes there is a bus stop a 1 min walk from our hotel.

Thank you so much for recommending us to others! Hopefully we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Guelph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I never receive my itemized bill for either visit and it is needed for my expense report.
My second stay (one night) was good except the TV could only be seen from the couch....I like to watch TV in bead to sleep on trips.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Staybridge Suites Guelph.
In regards to your invoices, the only reason one would not receive an invoice for their stay would be because they booked through a third party internet site such as: expedia, hotwire, priceline etc. Once you make your online reservation through one of these sites, a payment is taken right away and you will receive an email with your payment details from that site itself. (sometimes it may go to your junk mail folder, so be sure to check there also)
We do not have copies of these invoices at the hotel, but you can always contact the site in which you booked if you have lost the original email they sent, and they will be more then happy to send you another copy.
If you would like to speak about this further, please feel free to contact me at 519-767-3300 or whg7211gsm@whg.com.
As for the televisions in our Studio Suites, all of them are equipped to swivel and turn so you are able to watch t.v from the couch or your bed. We also have One Bedroom Suites where the bedroom is separate from the living room. It has a t.v in the bedroom as well as in the living area, so perhaps that could be a better option next visit.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again!

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cleanest, best maintained Staybridge I have stayed in. Friendly, helpful staff. Quiet hotel. Nearby road construction makes it a little difficult to get to at this time, but don't overlook this gem. Looking forward to returning for week-long stay next month!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review! It is always a pleasure knowing we are providing our guests with the quality of services they deserve, and it is very encouraging knowing that we met and exceeded your expectations on your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your week long stay, and hopefully more!

Kindest regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Was here recently with my sporting team. If I had come here alone with just my family. I'm sure it would have been great. The hotel it self, rooms, pool, breakfast were all awesome. It's too bad that the customer service is what puts a bad taste in my mouth. We were there in the hotel with at least two other sports teams. So we had about 50 rooms amongst all of our teams. The age range of these teams were from 7-15 yrs old. We tried as parents to keep the kids quiet. But 7-8 year olds wants to play with there friends. They were not loud after what would be considered regular quiet hours in your own home. However, we were asked repeatedly even while talking to parents in the hall to be quiet. At all hours of the day. By the front desk. Some front desk staff were polite another one got into arguments with the parents instead. At one point we had the kids sitting quietly playing there ds video games and we were told we were being too loud. One customer that apparently lives there came out and yelled at two of our boys without talking to the parents. And the front desk did nothing about it. But were quick to tell us we were too loud at 6:45 pm. To help with the noise I asked the front desk if there was a room we could rent that the parents and kids could socialize in without disturbing any other guests. I was basically told I couldn't afford it and that the cost for damages was High. The person assumed that we would allow our children to destroy things. I'm pretty sure there was no complaints about any of our team damaging things in our personal rooms. I think if this hotel allows people to live there then it should not be a nightly or weekend rental hotel. It's too bad that this all happened because the facility itself was quiet nice. Probably great for single family visit. But def not for groups!!! Will not stay in this hotel again next year when we attend our tournament. Have also let our organization know that it is not recommended for teams.

• Stayed June 2013
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know about your most recent stay here at the Staybridge Suites Guelph.

Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations and I regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory.

While we have had many teams and groups stay with us in the past who have thoroughly enjoyed our hotel, managing the differing lifestyles and expectations of our guests so that they do not negatively impact one another is certainly a major concern of the hotel and the hospitality industry in general, and we strive to correct these concerns whenever possible.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Sincerely yours,

Vaughan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was here a few years ago for work, and the staff and overall service was just fantastic. A few weeks ago, I booked a room here through a hotwire promotion, and got a great deal for a quick weekend getaway, unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it. I called them day before, and they were super friendly and helpful and changed my booking dates free of charge. I am looking forward to going here soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving us your comments regarding your past stays here at the Staybridge for the last couple of years! I am very happy to see that you have been more then satisfied with our services and glad we were able to help you out with your reservation changes.

We look forward to your return!

ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a sporting event. We loved the full size fridge and all the mini kitchen had to offer. The bed and pull out were very comfy with nice bedding. We loved the breakfast included in or stay for each morning to get us on our way. They had batter to make your own waffles to a big variety of hot and cold breakfast items....all very good. They have a eating area that you could bring a large group and do your own food buffet that was very handy. A very nice hotel...very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Linsey F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Guelph, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging review of your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our hot buffet breakfast, your suite and amenities, and the space in which you enjoyed your dinner with the rest of your team.

We would be honoured to be your host hotel for your next sporting event!

Linsey Frey - Guest Services Manager

Been to Staybridge Suites Guelph? Share your experiences!