First off, I'm surprised to see reviews for this hotel from 2008, as I truly thought it was much newer.
I booked this hotel online and arrived to find fresh cookies waiting for us at the front desk (ok.. not for US, for everyone, but a nice touch regardless). CHeck in was quick and pleasant, and the attendant told us about the free dinner (It was a Thursday) that was going on at the time of check in (salad, hamburgers and hotdogs night). We didn't partake in the dinner but we checked it out and it looked decent.
We went to our suite and I was pleasantly surprised. Very clean room, and even smelled freshly cleaned. VERY comfortable bed and bedding. Yes, the TV is at a weird angle, but we stuck a pillow under one corner and voila, we could watch it in bed, easy. Quiet night sleep and nice quiet AC.
The breakfast buffet was pretty decent for an inclusive breakfast; waffles, french toast, eggs (omelet), sausage, then the standard pastries, cereals, yogurts, fruit. We didn't go hungry, though my boyfriend missed his bacon. :P
I'd definitely recommend this hotel to visitors to Guelph so long as you have a car to get to it, as it's a bit further away from the mall and OVC etc. Wasn't an issue for us. Not sure if there's public transportation in the area or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Hotel Guelph is the ideal choice for your extended stay needs. The Staybridge Suites Hotel is located near Highway 401 and Highway 6 North, 45 minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and 40 minutes from Hamilton John Munroe (YHM) Airport. The Staybridge Suites offers near proximity to the University of Guelph, Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory, River Run Centre for the Performing Arts, Guelph Civic Museum, John McCrae House, St. Jacob's Farmer's Market, African Lion Safari, Downtown Guelph Shops, Restaurants, Stone Road Shopping Mall, and Bingeman's Water park. Our hotel is minutes from Toyota, Denso Manufacturing, Linamar, Metso, Cooperators and various Ministry Government offices. The Staybridge Suites offers apartment like suites with all the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel needs. Our pet friendly hotel offers suites with fully-equipped kitchens, cable TV, Pay-Per-View, free wireless Internet and direct dial phone with personalized voicemail. Features Our Extended Stay Guelph hotel has value packages to explore the amazing activities of the area. Besides the daily hot buffet breakfast, also enjoy our complimentary Social Reception every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Also enjoy our heated indoor swimming pool, fitness center, theater room and business center. All rooms have complimentary hi speed wireless Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Staybridge Suites Guelph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Guelph Hotel Guelph
- Staybridge Suites Guelph Ontario